• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hello n00b to the forum & contracting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello n00b to the forum & contracting

Hi all
    I am a newbie here and to contracting.
    Currently plucking up the courage to hand my notice in as i have a 3 month notice period.
    after 7 years in my current industry and a permanent role that hasn't live up to the expectation and in fact delivered WAY too much stress than i was paid for i have dedcided to take the plunge
    I have already done my CV and sent it to agencies to see if my skills are usable in the wide world of contracting (turns out they are).
    so once the notice is handed in i will be hitting the trail hard looking for the right agencies and looking into umbrella companies etc, etc.

so yeah just thought i would say
    any hints tips recommendations etc etc much appreciated!
    "I'm more of a warrior than you'll ever be. I believe in the class war. I believe in the battle of the sexes. I believe in my tribe. I believe in the righteous, inteligent clued-up section of society against the brain-dead moronic masses as well as the mediocre, soulless bourgeoisie. I believe in punk rock. In northern soul. In acid house. In mod. In rock and roll. I also believe in pre commercial righteous, rap and hip hop. Thats my manifesto"

Working...
X