• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

R S I

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R S I

Anyone got it?

What's it like?

Is it worth getting or should I use my mouse/keyboard correctly?

Originally posted by zeitghost
    It's definitely worth getting if you want your carpal tunnels sliced open under local anaesthetic.

Seriously if you want to be able to live you entire life, and that includes being away from a computer, properly avoid it. The people I've met with carpel tunnel can't do basic things like open jars.
    Last edited by SueEllen; 8 January 2008, 16:20.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I don't know about RSI but I get a pain that runs from my shoulder down to the back of my leg but only get it whilst at work, the doc thinks its stress related... god only knows what I'd be like if I had to get a real job.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Seriously if you want to be able to live you entire life, and that includes being away from a computer, properly avoid it. The people I've met with carpel tunnel can't do basic things like open jars.
        You mean most women have carpel tunnel syndrome!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
          I don't know about RSI but I get a pain that runs from my shoulder down to the back of my leg but only get it whilst at work, the doc thinks its stress related... god only knows what I'd be like if I had to get a real job.
          Is it your left hand side?

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
            My wife did when she was pregnant, but it went away after that.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
              We are just trying to make you feel strong.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Could it not be sciatica ?

Comment

i.e. he hasn't got a bloody clue and stress is the current excuse for anything you can't diagnose....

I would suggest going to see a chiropractor, they can do some amazing things. Had one re-align my back a few years ago (I had a couple of vertibrae mis-aligned in a car accident when I was younger and slipped disk a couple of times most likely due to this) and I have had no problems since.

The physio I went to see previously gave me exercises to rebuild my muscles around the mis-aligned disks rather than straighten my back out which didn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                    Could it not be sciatica ?
                    Yeah, I thought that too.

You definitely don't want this.

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt but wish I hadn't.

Mine was/is mild so I count myself lucky.

Comment

Working...
                    X