• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Price of suits

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Price of suits

I have just shelled out £500 for a shiny new suit. First one in 5 years, everyone telling me I need to look smart and that £500 is the going rate for a decent suit (reduced from £1000 in the Harvey nicks sale) The things we have to do to conform with our clients and contractors expectations.

It's all right for you lot with your old school jacket and a pair pf sandals off a Benidorm street market. No wonder our margins need to be so high
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

I thought agents needed new, shiny suits rather than shiny new suits?
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      I thought agents needed new, shiny suits rather than shiny new suits?

That should have read

"A shiny new shiny suit". There, for £500 you get two "shinys"
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Are you up in court again dodgy or is it a job interview.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          That should have read

"A shiny new shiny suit". There, for £500 you get two "shinys"
          That's easy for you to say - try it after a few drinks
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
            Are you up in court again dodgy or is it a job interview.
            It must be the speeding offences

Comment

Good for you

Suits are more or less the norm these days in and round the City. No dress code, just personal choice and wanting to fit in. Of course, there are exceptions, as even we have some people here looking like some of the cast of Oliver Twist. A decent suit and a pair of shoes are essential to look good.

Comment

DA,

I've always wanted to know:

Do recruitment agents buy suits with shiny arses or is there a special treatment you have done to them?
                Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
                  DA,

I've always wanted to know:

Do recruitment agents buy suits with shiny arses or is there a special treatment you have done to them?
                  They only go shiny when you lot start sending us invoices. The reason the arses shine is because when confronted with a request for money shifting them side to side in a rapid "polishing movement" helps to squeeze out the bulltulipe as to why the money may take a while to be sent.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    They only go shiny when you lot start sending us invoices. The reason the arses shine is because when confronted with a request for money shifting them side to side in a rapid "polishing movement" helps to squeeze out the bulltulipe as to why the money may take a while to be sent.
                    Good answer.

Comment

Working...
                    X