• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Phew - agent tells me everything is OK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phew - agent tells me everything is OK

Just had this in an email from an agent:

I appreciate you might not be looking for work presently or even living in this area, however 2008 is set to be a good year for the IT market so if you are looking, even in just in general I need an new CV from you!
    Phew - there was me thinking that some kind of credit crunch / recession might stop companies from spending on IT projects.

Glad I've had this misconception cleared up in an unsolicited email from someone I've never spoken to, from an agency I've not heard of before

(Oh, and it's for a permie job paying £40k)
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Just had this in an email from an agent:

Phew - there was me thinking that some kind of credit crunch / recession might stop companies from spending on IT projects.

Glad I've had this misconception cleared up in an unsolicited email from someone I've never spoken to, from an agency I've not heard of before

(Oh, and it's for a permie job paying £40k)

I had a similar call yesterday, that was also a permie position around the late forties.

No thanks. Next.
    Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

Agents are very smart and usually experts in macroeconomic matters. You were lucky enough to receive an e-mail from one assuring you everything will be ok.

In a more serious note, I certainly haven't noticed any slowdown at all in the market so far as there currently seem to be lots of openings that were not filled in December.
      Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

Comment

Originally posted by beaker View Post
        Agents are very smart and usually experts in macroeconomic matters. You were lucky enough to receive an e-mail from one assuring you everything will be ok.

Originally posted by beaker View Post
        In a more serious note, I certainly haven't noticed any slowdown at all in the market so far as there currently seem to be lots of openings that were not filled in December.
        Nor have I, but then again I'm not looking. In contract until May, project go live is end of June, if it gets in by September I'll be astounded. Nine month roll out after that, so hopefully I've got another year or so here before I need to look at the market again...
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Had a couple recently on Job server that advertise as contracts then when I got in touch said it was a typo and should have read permy, was I still interested "click...drrrrrr"
          Some people are like slinkys, totally pointless but the thought of pushing them down a flight of stairs never fails to put a smile on your face.

Comment

Working...
          X