• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Grrrr mistakes dealing with agents. What mistakes have you made?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grrrr mistakes dealing with agents. What mistakes have you made?

I've got an interview on Friday in a small town. Got a call from an agent saying he had a job in the same county. Not wanting to be put forward for the same job by mistake I named the town. He said his role was in the same town and asked me who I was interviewing with, to make sure it didn't clash. I stupidly told him. I know that that was the wrong thing to do yet I still did it. A bit like the scottish bloke in the great escape who got exposed as a british person by saying "yes thanks" to a german's "good luck".

What bloopers have you made with agents? Don't you just want to punch them afterwards, and kick yourself

I replied to a thread started by an agent about cricket, and thus gave the scum agent a chance to mention NZ's failure at the RWC

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
      I replied to a thread started by an agent about cricket, and thus gave the scum agent a chance to mention NZ's failure at the RWC

NZ's failure at RWC

Comment

I tried it on with mine (her), we were drunk she was a slapper all very embaressing

Comment

I met mine for a beer before xmas, when he turned up he looked about 12 I thought I was going to get nicked for supplying alcohol to a minor....
          Some people are like slinkys, totally pointless but the thought of pushing them down a flight of stairs never fails to put a smile on your face.

Comment

Yeah, I got caught out once. I told an agent a client managers name and the conversation descended into pantomime as the agent, smelling blood, sought more information under false pretence, pretending to know the site and people there and even “what’s his name”. She was still trying her luck when positions were transparent. I managed to slip in a bit of false information at the end, but there’s no recovering from letting slip a name at the beginning. Duh.

Comment

That's what my agent does. I pay him/her to find me work and what do they do? They end up ringing up the show producers or the producers ring my agent specifically asking for my artistic services or modelling availability, after seeing my portfolio or footage of my previous roles, and the bastard agent just ends up putting in another actor or model instead of me.

Bastard agents.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                That's what my agent does. I pay him/her to find me work and what do they do? They end up ringing up the show producers or the producers ring my agent specifically asking for my artistic services or modelling availability, after seeing my portfolio or footage of my previous roles, and the bastard agent just ends up putting in another actor or model instead of me.

Bastard agents.
                You sure it's not just because you're a minger?

Comment

Answered a 9:00 call in bed and let the agent in straight into a rate negotiation. Got talked down four quid an hour before i was fully awake and clawing 2 of them back later was like blood from a stone

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
                    I've got an interview on Friday in a small town. Got a call from an agent saying he had a job in the same county. Not wanting to be put forward for the same job by mistake I named the town. He said his role was in the same town and asked me who I was interviewing with, to make sure it didn't clash. I stupidly told him. I know that that was the wrong thing to do yet I still did it. A bit like the scottish bloke in the great escape who got exposed as a british person by saying "yes thanks" to a german's "good luck".

What bloopers have you made with agents? Don't you just want to punch them afterwards, and kick yourself
                    I did the same thing when I was just starting out.

One day I had had an interview and somehow the pimps at (I don't know this for sure, but think of an agency with the initials C and P) got wind of it. I was bombarded with calls from different pimps telling me that they wanted to put my CV forward for a role, but then wanting to find out anywhere else I had been interviewed.

The third one got me and I let slip the names of the people that had just interviewed me.

I told the agent that had put me forward for the interview about that and he explained how it all worked at the less reputable end of the business.

I've never made that mistake again. <TOUCH WOOD>

Comment

Working...
                    X