• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Opportunities abroad

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opportunities abroad

HI huys and gals

Been contracting for 2-3 years now and want to take it to the next level.
    This involves possible relocation to a foreign land.
    My question if anyone could direct me is..where can i find out about possible contracts in say dubia or iraq?
    Ive heard stories that suggest a very healthy wage! but cannot find any info or direction to go in.
    Any advice would be great.

Cheers

I too would be interested in this perhaps having security clearance will be of use?

Comment

Originally posted by trsisko View Post
      I too would be interested in this perhaps having security clearance will be of use?
      Body armour would be of far more use. And also a grasp of whatever language Islamic extremeists speak so you can beg for mercy just before they remove your head.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by huytonturbo View Post
        HI huys and gals

My question if anyone could direct me is..where can i find out about possible contracts in say dubia or iraq?
        Ive heard stories that suggest a very healthy wage! but cannot find any info or direction to go in.

Cheers
        You won't make tulip in Dubai, it's full of cheap Indians.

If you want to go to Iraq then you must be mental.

Comment

It's a 1PT...nothing to see here...move along.

1PT = 1 Post Troll
          Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Iraq is not so bad really. You're more likely to get killed cycling in the City of London for example, and at least it is more likely to be quick on the spot A&E care over there.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

huytonturbo,

are you an IT Contractor or some other form of contractor (ala Blackwater in Iraq) ?

Milan.

Comment

Yes there are various organisations, the main focus is on security. Al Queda recruit from time to time, though they are a "not for profit" organisation focusing more on the fundamentals of religion than .NET or J2EE.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by huytonturbo View Post
                  HI huys and gals

Cheers
                  Huytonturbo , we had a thread like this a couple of months ago, then I dared to say that I am thinking of somewhere in the middle-east …OMG you should have been there, all the abuse, stoning, attacking, seriously it was as if I called Jehovah’s name in vein – it was bloody and not pretty, people got banned, others threatened to leave the forum.

Perhaps its wise not to start the war again. You'll have the whole gang saying and what's wrong with England? eh? What did the Romans ever do for us eh?

Comment

"in vain"
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X