• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Did I say the right thing?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did I say the right thing?

Am working on a project where the business manager (quite high up) is a beautiful blonde, I have been with her in several meetings, and she struck me to be a very intelligent and aliquant lady, very ambitious and career minded, but that’s what is required to get that high.

Anyway am so sick of my PM (an old boy contractor) and another contractor in the same team making snide comments that the managements has time for her, and willing to listen to what she has to say because she is so pretty. Yesterday they started this again, I just cut them off saying :’am not really interested in this conversation’ I smiled while am saying that, but I was boiling inside, its like no man thinks a woman can be successful because she is good enough for the job, it has to because she is pretty, or her daddy/uncle/network arranged it !!

wtf is aliquant?
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
      I have been with her
      So you're not exactly innocent of sleeping your way to the top either.

Comment

its like no man thinks a woman can be successful because she is good enough for the job, !!
        and?

it has to because she is pretty, or her daddy/uncle/network arranged it !!
        I have yet to see otherwise

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
          wtf is aliquant?
          It might mean a flatulent flying mammal
          I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
            Noun 1. aliquant an integer that is not an exact divisor of some quantity; "5 is an aliquant part of 12"

Can't quite work that into the context of the post though...

Comment

Am working on a project where the business manager (quite high up) is a beautiful blonde, I have been with her in several meetings, and she struck me to be a very intelligent and aliquant lady, very ambitious and career minded, but that’s what is required to get that high.

Anyway am so sick of my PM (an old boy contractor) and another contractor in the same team making snide comments that the managements has time for her, and willing to listen to what she has to say because she is so pretty. Yesterday they started this again, I just cut them off saying :’am not really interested in this conversation’ I smiled while am saying that, but I was boiling inside, its like no man thinks a woman can be successful because she is good enough for the job, it has to because she is pretty, or her daddy/uncle/network arranged it !!
              Oi Sandy, cut to the chase, are you after flicking this bints bean or what?

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
                you are so clever, how did you know this? is there a blondie sitting next to you?

Comment

I have been with her in several meetings, and she struck me to be a very intelligent integer that is not an exact divisor of some quantity lady, very ambitious and career minded

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                    Noun 1. aliquant an integer that is not an exact divisor of some quantity; "5 is an aliquant part of 12"

Can't quite work that into the context of the post though...
                    That's because you are not a woman.
                    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Working...
                    X