• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mayor of London

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mayor of London

Any Londoners here? Who will you be voting for?

Evening Standard – Wednesday 9 January 2008
    http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...ace/article.do

Fathers 4 Justice founder to enter Mayoral race with focus on breakdown of families

The founder of direct action group Fathers 4 Justice is planning to enter the London Mayoral race.

Matt O’Connor, who orchestrated stunts such as the powder-bombing of Tony Blair in the Commons, has vowed to bring “theatre and drama” to the campaign.

He plans to focus on the breakdown of families, which he believes is behind the huge number of teenage murders in London – 27 last year and two already this year. “one in two black children grows up without a father. One in four children grows up without a father. In London it’s a real issue”, said Mr O’Connor; 40, a father of three.

“We need to tackle crime and we need to tackle young offending. The role of fathers is absolutely integral to solving this problem.”

Fathers 4 Justice was founded to highlight the difficulty many estranged fathers have in gaining legal access to their children but its publicity stunts have caused controversy.

Mr O’Connor almost committed suicide in 2001 when he considered jumping off Waterloo Bridge after being barred from seeing his two sons from his first marriage.

He expects to launch his campaign on 14 February and stand for the English Democrats, who campaign for an English parliament because they believe that England loses out to Scotland in terms of public funding.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Any Londoners here? Who will you be voting for?
      Boris.

He's a total muppet, but I would vote for Joey Barton ahead of Ken Livingstone. That madman must be stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by scaramanga View Post
        Boris.

He's a total muppet, but I would vote for Joey Barton ahead of Ken Livingstone. That madman must be stopped.
        They are all mad.

I will vote for the one that annoys the current government the most.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Boris.

He's a total muppet, but I would vote for Joey Barton ahead of Ken Livingstone.
          Me too!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            They are all mad.

I will vote for the one that annoys the current government the most.

Looks like at least 1 vote for Matt O'Connor then.

Comment

Boris.

Which madman? Barton or Livingstone?
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Boris has my vote - he's as mad as a box of frogs, but I like his irreverent, foppish tomfoolery - and anyone other than Red Ken with a bit of character is just what London needs.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Looks like at least 1 vote for Matt O'Connor then.
                  Depends on the poll predictions.

I may as well vote for the madman who is going to get in.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Boris.

Who's Joey Barton. I think I'll vote for him.

Or is he, er she, a her?

Comment

Working...
                    X