• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tony Blair joins investment bank for $1M

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tony Blair joins investment bank for $1M

Boomed for some.

In true copy n paste style. From the beeb

Tony Blair has taken a part-time post with US investment bank JPMorgan.
    Mr Blair, who stood down as UK prime minister in June last year, has been employed "in a senior advisory capacity", the bank said.
    He said he looked forward to advising the bank on the "political and economic changes that globalisation brings".
    It is not known how much JPMorgan will pay him, but some estimates say more than $1m (£500,000) a year. The bank said he had a "unique perspective".

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Boomed for some.

In true copy n paste style. From the beeb
    Time to sell your JPM shares, if you have any.
    If you find this post offensive, please insert "Chan" before and "tho" after, then it should be OK.

Sometimes I almost feel just like a human being - Elvis Costello

Comment

The bank said he had a "unique perspective".

Well thats one of describing him

Comment

Does he still get his ex PM's pension while doing this. Plus as it is only a couple of days per month, no doubt the grinning fecker can still travel the world giving multi million pound speeches. Mind you if I were married to his stumper of a wife I'd probably travel the world for free. Anything to get me out of the house would do.
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Yeah ...but if he's mobile then he is far less protected than if sitting at fortress home
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
            ...Mind you if I were married to his stumper of a wife I'd probably travel the world for free. Anything to get me out of the house would do.

Plus when he knackers the bank, she will always find work with Royal Mail, what with that letterbox mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Chugnut View Post

Plus when he knackers the bank, she will always find work with Royal Mail, what with that letterbox mouth.
              Oh I dunno, Id post my parcels in it.
              The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Well done Pickle for truely lowering the tone
                "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Presumably he'll be setting up his own limited company. Probably outside IR35.

Low salary, huge dividends

Sound familiar?
                  Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Originally posted by Bear View Post
                    Presumably he'll be setting up his own limited company. Probably outside IR35.

Low salary, huge dividends

Sound familiar?
                    I doubt it, Gordon Brown has no love of the man, and I'm sure an IR35 investigation would make Gordo chuckle. Nothing quite like revenge for a long wait for a terrible job

Comment

Working...
                    X