• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Would you fly in a plane that has a woman pilot?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple-choice poll to follow…
    Yes, women are equally as good if not better pilots than men
    30.00%
    Yes, flying is all automatic these days
    22.00%
    Yes, as long as there is a man in the cabin, just in case
    8.00%
    Yes, since there’s no choice
    12.00%
    Yes, but only for 3 weeks out of 4
    4.00%
    No, I would attempt to take the controls myself
    4.00%
    No, not unless she is over 40 and has a faint moustache
    4.00%
    No, I would wait until the next manned flight
    4.00%
    I would prefer not to know the sex of the pilot
    6.00%
    AndyW
    6.00%

The poll is expired.

What a stupid question. Why would a woman pilot be any less skilled than a man? They've had the same training and passed the same exams, so you're just as safe... although you might not reach the right destination if she's navigating.

<ducks for cover behind SA>

Comment

I'm disappointed by the lack of creativity in the AndyW option.
      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
        What a stupid question. Why would a woman pilot be any less skilled than a man? They've had the same training and passed the same exams, so you're just as safe... although you might not reach the right destination if she's navigating.

<ducks for cover behind SA>
        Pah.... at least we would ask for directions and not fly round till all the fuel ran out!!!
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
          Pah.... at least we would ask for directions and not fly round till all the fuel ran out!!!
          Fair play.

Comment

Here's a female perspective. Or at least one out to make headlines.

I'm a FEMALE male chauvinist - and proud of it
            http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1879

Comment

I used to have a lodger who was training to fly 757's. Real small lass, around 30.

She had a cook at home meal from Sainsbos and eat a cherry tomato on raw chicken that she should have cooked.

She panicked.

I joking said to call NHS direct, she did, and refused to NOT call them!

Very entertaining, but made me worry how she would cope with a REAL emergency. Like teh wrong type of in-flight meal......

Oh, she also crashed her Clio twice, including falling off the road and going into a lorry!

Comment

My flying instructor was female, a brilliant pilot and she did well bullying me through my various tests and exams.

With regards to commercial pilots, it's usually too late by the time you find out the pilot is female, you're already on the aircraft and the door has been slammed shut.

Comment

I've twice been on a commercial flight when the tannoy announced "this is you captain speaking" with a female voice and I'm still here to tell the tale so I guess it makes no difference.

I don't know why but I can't help humming the Dam Buster’s theme tune to myself whenever I fly over Germany.... childish I know.
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                    I've twice been on a commercial flight when the tannoy announced "this is you captain speaking" with a female voice and I'm still here to tell the tale so I guess it makes no difference.

I don't know why but I can't help humming the Dam Buster’s theme tune to myself whenever I fly over Germany.... childish I know.
                    I had the theme tune for 633 Squadron as a ring tone on my phone when I worked in Germany.

Comment

Working...
                    X