• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Feeling very battered…..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling very battered…..

Just had a round with the new Company Security manager.

Testing here is not something that happens. I am running a weekly training session on things like what a defect is, and introducing the concept of separate testing levels. As in, nobody could tell me ANY models of development, never mind why we need them.

Security manager wants me to also teach everything there is to know about Security Testing, and wants the training material re-written.

I pointed out the MTP template – he is insistent that security is not seen as part of Non Functional and we create this as a THIRD area.

Then again, he also wanted 500 laptops all encrypted immediately.

Yes, he is a permie….

Anyone else having fun?

this word testing - never heard of it. what does it mean?

Comment

I've worked at Microsoft and they have over 100 million unpaid testers.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post

Testing here is not something that happens. I am running a weekly training session on things like what a defect is, and introducing the concept of separate testing levels. As in, nobody could tell me ANY models of development, never mind why we need them.

Security manager wants me to also teach everything there is to know about Security Testing, and wants the training material re-written.

I pointed out the MTP template – he is insistent that security is not seen as part of Non Functional and we create this as a THIRD area.

Yes, he is a permie….

Anyone else having fun?

STFU and think of the rate.
        "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

And you want to go permanent here ????

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
            Should be easy for him to rise to the dizzy heights where he starts telling others what to do and how to do it and get mega bucks
            It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Anyone else having fun?
              NO! Just had the dreaded call... I prefer my bench time when the weathers nice.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
                I think that this has made my decision for me……

There is going to be an incredible battle of wills happening next week between my boss when he is back, and the security manager.

He was talking about swim lanes, and aspirational kind of discussions without putting into context about the level we are actually at.

He seems to be one of those manipulative types, got all of management to sign to say it will happen.

Thinks that this makes this the biggest priority of the department.

Hahaha – NO WAY will I EVER consider going permie here.

There, my decision has been made. I do not want to be permie in a management controlled cess pit where it is a rare that we get the honour of having a managers door open.

I mean, I am teaching people about what a defect is, how we have different models of development for different reasons, then this complete muppet who has been here for literally THREE weeks wants us to ram security testing down peoples throats.

Yeah, great place to be…..

Comment

Yes, he is a permie….

Anyone else having fun?
                  I've printed this off for when I have problems sleeping at night.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

NO! Just had the dreaded call... I prefer my bench time when the weathers nice.
                    Sorry to hear that Jedi.
                    That boy go raaaaaaa
                    Copyright (C) BabyBear1 - with thanks to VF for hosting

Comment

Working...
                    X