• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

dead serious question for SAS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dead serious question for SAS

Somebody in the office just asked if anybody had heard of SAS. Apparently their cousin in India had got his training courses mixed up and did SAS instead SAP. He wants to know his job prospects in UK and Europe ?

ps. this is dead serious

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
    Somebody in the office just asked if anybody had heard of SAS. Apparently their cousin in India had got his training courses mixed up and did SAS instead SAP. He wants to know his job prospects in UK and Europe ?

ps. this is dead serious

SAS job prospects for numpties are very poor indeed. Dead serious.
    I can just imagine the interview "So what made you interested in SAS?"

Move on nothing to see here.
    Last edited by sasguru; 11 January 2008, 15:32.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

SAS job prospects for numpties are very poor indeed. Dead serious.
      I can just imagine the interview "So what made you interested in SAS?"

Move on nothing to see here.
      I will pass the inside knowledge on. Was it quite popular late 80s/early 90s, seem to remember somebody I know doing it at Shell and it being the boom skill ? Could of been another similar acronym though.

Comment

I will pass the inside knowledge on. Was it quite popular late 80s/early 90s, seem to remember somebody I know doing it at Shell and it being the boom skill ? Could of been another similar acronym though.
        I dont thing SG has ever been popular
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

OK I'll be more helpful. SAS has never been a boom skill, more a steady niche one since the late 70s. Used wherever large volumes of data need to be analysed.

SAS is too huge to be classed as a single skill. In a nutshell, at the bottom level is the programming and data manipulation language, then you can produce data warehouses and OLAP cubes, at the top level there's business analytics where you produce complex business models using statistics. And there are various Web tools so you can put your results on the web.

It's highly unlikely that anyone who confuses SAS and SAP should be in the IT industry, however.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

I know this bird (she's quite fit) who now works at the 'SAS Institute'.. I'd never even heard of it until then.
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Wanted to learn SAP, got confused and did SAS, and ended up with the SAQ.

IGMC.

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                I know this bird (she's quite fit) who now works at the 'SAS Institute'.. I'd never even heard of it until then.
                One of the best places to work in the UK.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                  Quite fit, and does IT? Are you sure?
                  "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
                    Quite fit, and does IT? Are you sure?
                    Yes - a proper 'office distraction' and no dolly bird either - she now works at one of the best places to work in the UK apparently.
                    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Working...
                    X