• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BTL Question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTL Question

with the pound falling like a stone,

and uk house prices stagnating

the houses are still expensive for the locals

but the houses are becoming cheaper for foreigners
    in currencies against which the pound is falling - eg Euro

therefore,

giving consideration to this phenomenen

might there be a spurt of eurozone buyers moving into the uk property market

if so, uk property holders are laughing

boomed

what does the jury think ?

Milan.

Hey not seen the pound drop like this since 1992 I reckon there's a fair way to go as well.

Over 10% wiped off in the last few months. At this rate houses will correct simply through the pound.

Actually this is the better solution.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Hasn't most of the eurozone moved here already?

Comment

taking punts on fx rates is always a very risky affair unless you know what you are doing.

Comment

blaster,

you're right, for those of us in the Eurozone UK house prices have fallen 10% in the last few months

uk property market could become very interesting for european speculators, same was as the US has been interesting for UK buyers for the last few years

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
            blaster,

you're right, for those of us in the Eurozone UK house prices have fallen 10% in the last few months

uk property market could become very interesting for european speculators, same was as the US has been interesting for UK buyers for the last few years

Milan.
            UK rates/salaries have also just fallen 10% for european workers.

Comment

I refer you to my previous posting on this: look forward to holidays in Skegness and Bognor.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
                UK rates/salaries have also just fallen 10% for european workers.
                ..and European rates and salaries for UK workers in the EU have risen 10%, and their EUR savings are also worth a lot more pound per Euro
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Downward spiral

I think the BoE is following the US model of a weak currency to aid recovery. This is too risky, as it will cause higher inflation which will in turn keep interest rates high which may prolong the recession

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                    might there be a spurt of eurozone buyers moving into the uk property market
                    If they prefer to rent in Europe, why would they buy in UK? It's not like quality of life here is best in Europe.

Prices are going down big time. Boomed!

Comment

Working...
                    X