• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Presumed Consent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Presumed Consent

Been away for a while and not sure if this has been done, but anyone else think it is a good idea? Can't see the problem with it personally and it would certainly help with the shortage of replacement organs.

Discuss or seek AtW etc.
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

No. It's a bad idea.

1. The database of opt-outs will not work, will not be availble etc.
    2. Your bits will be whipped out 5 minutes after you last breath. No thanks.
    3. Gordon Brown wants it, therefore it is a fooking bollox idea.
    4. Open to abuse and mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      No. It's a bad idea.

I don't really have a problem with my organs being used after my death - its not as if I'll have much use for them anyway.
      It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

You get a much higher chance of success if the donor is still alive.

Watch out for when they decide that your life is not worth as much as the one they are trying to save.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          No. It's a bad idea.

Well as for 1, the database of opt-ins(donor cards) is hardly infallible and results in a huge shortage of vital replacement organs due to apathy. As for 2, I am not likely to be that concerned about my organs 5 minutes after my last breath.
          Can't argue with 3 mind you, the only factor that mildly concerns me in this. As for 4, we already get abuse and mistakes. At least with a more plentiful supply of organs there is less scope or need for abuse to occur IMHO.
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            Well as for 1, the database of opt-ins(donor cards) is hardly infallible and results in a huge shortage of vital replacement organs due to apathy. As for 2, I am not likely to be that concerned about my organs 5 minutes after my last breath.
            Can't argue with 3 mind you, the only factor that mildly concerns me in this. As for 4, we already get abuse and mistakes. At least with a more plentiful supply of organs there is less scope or need for abuse to occur IMHO.
            Perhaps instead of having to vote New Labour, we can have an opt-out system?

Comment

I'm all for it. If my wife had not had a kidney off her mum she would be on the transplant list waiting for a suitable kidney. I can't see that as being a good life - constantly waiting for that phone call. If it increases the supply then that's a good thing
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

It's a moot point as far as you're concerened SB coz I can't see anyone wanting your worn and ratty organs , although I hear that the Primate Research Institute wants your brain as they're interested in how chimps would behave with a lower IQ

Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

They can have everything except my corneas. I have no issue with my organs being harvested, but they're not cutting my eyes.
                  ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

I don't think I want anyone else's vitals, except maybe small inert ones. I think I'd rather croak it than have someone elses heart or lungs for example. A pigs yes, but not a persons.

Comment

Working...
                    X