• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blair on $5million p.a. ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blair on $5million p.a. ?

Anyone I've spoken to about the Blair/JP Morgan deal was astonished that he was considered to be worth $1million p.a.
    This is just ridiculous if it's true (my gut feeling is that the $5million is nearer the actual figure).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thereporters/robertpeston/
    If you find this post offensive, please insert "Chan" before and "tho" after, then it should be OK.

Sometimes I almost feel just like a human being - Elvis Costello

Please don't mention Phoney Bliar. I'm trying to forget he ever existed.

Comment

Says who?

According to a so-called 'financial journo' - isn't he the guy that caused the panic in the NR affair? He is an idiot, Blair was getting paid around £ 100k when he was PM, how come he's worth $ 5 m? If he can generate 5 x his salary, then yes, I don't think any serious investor is going anywhere near him though. Shrewd move by JP Morgan, but personally I wouldn't give him a job in our post room!
      Last edited by Dow Jones; 14 January 2008, 14:47. Reason: $ not £

Comment

I read last year he UK taxpayer is still forking out a huge some of money every year for Blairs security arrangements - still I guess he is worth every penny - eh ?

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
          I read last year he UK taxpayer is still forking out a huge some of money every year for Blairs security arrangements - still I guess he is worth every penny - eh ?
          That is under review as you speak.

Comment

It's still nowhere near what I earn.

Threaded
            ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              Please don't mention Phoney Bliar. I'm trying to forget he ever existed.

I agree. The swear filter should substitute Phoney Bliar for something less offensive, such as ‘the man who should not be named’.

Comment

BlairBee - you're a rich man
                BlairBee - you're a rich man
                BlairBee youre a Rich Man Too !

You keep all your money in an offshore account
                What a thing to do !!!

Aha - so thats why Tony got onto this MidEast peace amabasador m'larkey - apparently he has an office in Jerusalem - bet shortly he will no longer be resident in the UK for tax purpoes - watch out for Mrs Blair taking residency in Monaco !

And - didnt you love his recent conversation to Catholicism - well give you 2 guesses who will be running for the next Pope !

You-becth-cha !

Comment

President of Europe.

Comment

I doubt Tony will get the job. Things are going to unwind for Brown pretty quickly now, but he will still be in power next year to backstab his old friend before losing next election.

Comment

Working...
                    X