• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

OK, it's time to spill the beans

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, it's time to spill the beans

I'm being nice to a recruiter. Whey, hey! Crack open the Champers. Pogo on the dance floor... etc.

I'm having lunch with him on Friday. Someone who wants to make the effort to get to know my business history a bit better and wants to proactively 'market me' to their clients (his words not mine, see last para).

I'm reserving judgement about what to expect. I'm sure it'll turn into a liquid lunch and when I loosen up a bit after a glass of wine or two, he'll grill me about what companies I've worked at who my PMs were and so on. Perhaps not.

The meeting is only an hour long, so I'll avoid bringing up the subject about the recruitment industry sales model and how I disapprove of it. Otherwise, he'll be there all afternoon and possibly the next day as well and he'll return to the office with throbbing ears.

Has he ever recruited for the Progressive Policies Forum?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
      I'm having lunch with him on Friday. Someone who wants to make the effort to get to know my business history a bit better and wants to proactively 'market me' to their clients (his words not mine, see last para).
      If he reads this board then this information would be enough to positively identify you.

Comment

Originally posted by peterhain View Post
        Has he ever recruited for the Progressive Policies Forum?
        Not that I know of.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          If he reads this board then this information would be enough to positively identify you.
          No he won't. The info' I've provided on this forum is disguised enough to put him off the scent.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
            No he won't. The info' I've provided on this forum is disguised enough to put him off the scent.
            So, to sum up - you are actually a man who loves recruiters and has opposite point of view on everything you posted on here? Xeno would be shocked!

Anyway, not trying to pick a fight with you - I've got plenty of others to fight with

Comment

Fascinating. I'm printing off this thread for when I can't sleep at night. And to think 3 threads were required for the non-information that Denny is having lunch with an agent. Jeez.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Denny - you should have posted this under "My Lunch" title! Worked for me all the time

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  Fascinating. I'm printing off this thread for when I can't sleep at night. And to think 3 threads were required for the non-information that Denny is having lunch with an agent. Jeez.
                  Oh, come on, Sas' the suspence was killing everyone and it generated a bit of fun on the way.

Next time, just for you:

Thread title: I'm having lunch with a recruiter

End.

Now read that over again when trying to get to sleep you'll drop off a lot sooner.

Comment

I thought you didn't deal with recruiters due to your extenise network of contacts that enabled you to get B2B work only....

Oh how the mighty have fallen.....

Comment

Working...
                    X