• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

work, plan b or benched?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

work, plan b or benched?

ok, its Jan, predictions are it's gonna be a bumpy year so i'm gonna have a poll throughout the year to find out what the situation is..

wait for it, poll to follow
    I'm in a contract, things look good for the future
    48.53%
    I'm in a contract, it's ending soon, things look rocky
    19.12%
    I'm now relying solely on plan b
    1.47%
    I'm benched
    17.65%
    I've switched to the darkside/ i'm a permie
    7.35%
    work is for losers, i'm andyw, i don't need to work
    5.88%
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Things looks good for me. Producing great results and plenty of talk relating to my extension. This could all change so I might be dreading the polls later in the year.

Comment

Just (today) been renewed for another 6 months at the same rate.
      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

A little squirt of Pledge and a few minutes shuffle-bottoming and you can get a lovely shine on this bench.

Bring your own cushion, though. It does get a bit hard after a while.
        Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

I don't think it's that bad out there.

My contract expired last wednesday, I went for an interview with an asset management company yesterday and got the job. Only one week on the bench so it's not too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
            A little squirt of Pledge and a few minutes shuffle-bottoming and you can get a lovely shine on this bench.

Bring your own cushion, though. It does get a bit hard after a while.
            The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

In contract until Oct and discussing future work with the client.

Not sure how much more of it I can take though.

Would love to jump but am thinking better the devil you know in the current climate.

Comment

I am not worried about me, I will just sit around on the bench watching the Wright Stuff..... but the little wifey better keep on earning!

Comment

I'm on the bench, by choice, but things are looking bumpy. I have already started looking, even though I said I wouldn't until Feb.

See, SAS I told you it was just countdown fever in November.
                  Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

In a contract until the end of March. They've got pleanty of work for me longer term, but the way people are talking looks like they won't be able to justify the budget, so I guess I'm out on my ear.

Last time I looked at the jobsites things were looking okay for me. Who knows what it'll be like in April.

Plan B is earning money though (~£200 last month!).
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                    X