• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Corporation tax

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corporation tax

Hi, I only started contracting in April last year. I'm just wondering if I'll be asked to pay corporation tax this year of if it's not till next year? Also, if this year when will it be and can I estimate how much?

Thanks,
    Henrik Morsing

Originally posted by morsing View Post
    Hi, I only started contracting in April last year. I'm just wondering if I'll be asked to pay corporation tax this year of if it's not till next year? Also, if this year when will it be and can I estimate how much?

Thanks,
    Henrik Morsing
    I too started LTD co last april and i was under the impression you normally have quite a lot of time to pay up i'm talking months and months but know exactly off the top of my head
    Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Comment

Due 9 months after company year end I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by r0bly0ns View Post
        Due 9 months after company year end I believe.
        Correct, and use 20% of gross profit if you want to work out an estimate for this year (it was 19% last year and is going up 1% a year until 2010 - at the moment)
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Numptie

[QUOTE=morsing;424388]Hi, I only started contracting in April last year. I'm just wondering if I'll be asked to pay corporation tax this year of if it's not till next year? Also, if this year when will it be and can I estimate how much?

CT has nothing to do with the tax year (to Apr). Payments (and accounts) are due up to 9 months after the anniversary of your company formation. Have you got an accountant and if so, why don't you ask him?

Comment

Originally posted by Dow Jones View Post
            CT has nothing to do with the tax year (to Apr). Payments (and accounts) are due up to 9 months after the anniversary of your company formation. Have you got an accountant and if so, why don't you ask him?
            Thanks, that's what I was curious about.

I've got an accountant yes (*sigh*) and asking him stuff is going into a black hole I think... Yeah, I know, I need to find a new one...

Comment

Originally posted by morsing View Post
              I've got an accountant yes (*sigh*) and asking him stuff is going into a black hole I think... Yeah, I know, I need to find a new one...
              Any guesses on how long before Matthew at SJD jumps in?

Comment

Working...
              X