• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone having a worse day?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone having a worse day?

Felt rough as a badgers this am – struggled out of bed, full on achy flu.

Nearly cried off, but the lure of a good rate brought me in……

M62 was closed, major pile-up, lorry jacknifed. Nice. Left at 6:30, arrived at 9am, just in time for the weekly change meeting, which was entertaining at least.

Still feeling terrible, going to do one at 3 I reckon, even that will be a challenge. Thankfully Travelodge only 6 miles away…..

Just want to be in that room now!

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    Felt rough as a badgers this am – struggled out of bed, full on achy flu.

Nearly cried off, but the lure of a good rate brought me in……

M62 was closed, major pile-up, lorry jacknifed. Nice. Left at 6:30, arrived at 9am, just in time for the weekly change meeting, which was entertaining at least.

Still feeling terrible, going to do one at 3 I reckon, even that will be a challenge. Thankfully Travelodge only 6 miles away…..

Just want to be in that room now!
    Yeah, I think I’ve finally succumbed to this virus going around. Though symptoms for me (or my tolerance of them) are often pretty subdued or unnoticed. Currently I have a blocked nose and one ear hurt when I was outside last night.

Comment

It could be worse, you could be a permie.

Ah.....
      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
        Still feeling terrible, going to do one at 3 I reckon, even that will be a challenge.
        You didn't mention the constipation, but I admire the planning.

Comment

Usual hangover, gets worse as the week goes on...

See you, you ****. I'll cut you first...

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
            It could be worse, you could be a permie.

Ah.....
            Pity. If you were a permie Wilmslow you could have cried off on sick pay and be enjoying a nice cuppa in front of the telly (or whatever permies do when they skive off).

Comment

Working...
            X