• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Only Positive Thoughts!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only Positive Thoughts!

Anyone been involved in a project where you were not allowed to say anything negative about the project? That if you did you would be perceived as not towing the party line?

I have and just can't understand why someone would encourage this sort of environment??
    Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

ah the "posi police"
    "I'm more of a warrior than you'll ever be. I believe in the class war. I believe in the battle of the sexes. I believe in my tribe. I believe in the righteous, inteligent clued-up section of society against the brain-dead moronic masses as well as the mediocre, soulless bourgeoisie. I believe in punk rock. In northern soul. In acid house. In mod. In rock and roll. I also believe in pre commercial righteous, rap and hip hop. Thats my manifesto"

Comment

Originally posted by portseven View Post
      Anyone been involved in a project where you were not allowed to say anything negative about the project? That if you did you would be perceived as not towing the party line?

I have and just can't understand why someone would encourage this sort of environment??
      The project I worked on last year was a bit like that. The general corporate culture was very upbeat and positive even when there were issues that needed addressing and behaviours from some project members that would clearly not be acceptable in another environment. Luckily it was a very well run programme on the whole, and I had a great Progamme Manager who I respected a great deal and who understood and agreed with my working practices as ir35 exempt in practice and on paper, otherwise I'm not sure I would have survived.

Comment

They're all like that in Denmark. You either get with it or have a psychotic episode.
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

This scene in "Carry on up the Khyber" reminds me of a number of projects. Even when disaster is knocking on the front door, the management don't notice for a moment. Classic viewing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxX7YW_97QU
          Cats are evil.

Comment

Oh yes.

Advertising agencies (the small ones are the worst). Though they used to pay well.

Comment

Anyone been involved in a project where you were not allowed to say anything negative about the project?
              Yes, it was called USSR.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                Yes, it was called USSR.

Comment

Both me and the Tech Manager are trying to run away from this project. The PM keeps showing off to directors but he doesn't realise that he has ****ed up so badly this ship is going down without its captain

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Yes, it was called USSR.

Atw , the squirrel is kinda spooky on this pic , are you sure it is not waiting for the appropriate moment to cut you throat ?

Comment

Working...
                    X