• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lesley Ash in £5m bonk

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lesley Ash in £5m bonk

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7192605.stm

So her millionaire ex-footballer husband puts her in hospital as a result of rough / abusive sex, the NHS does their best to fix her up and the result is a £5m bill for the taxpayer?

Compensation lawyers behaving badly or justice?
    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

"The payment to Ms Ash, 47, who now walks with a stick, includes compensation for money she would have earned if she had carried on working."

The only question is what was her fee, assuming it is £1 mln pa then £5 mln is not that much.

As far as money waste goes I'd be more concerned about entures of this world charging billions for trivial stuff that they can't even make to work as advertised.

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
      http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7192605.stm

So her millionaire ex-footballer husband puts her in hospital as a result of rough / abusive sex, the NHS does their best to fix her up and the result is a £5m bill for the taxpayer?

Compensation lawyers behaving badly or justice?
      Not at all. She was compensated for contracting the hospital bug MSSA. Hospitals should be clean so anyone who gets this should be able to sue.

I thought the compo' was only 500,000K not 5m.

Comment

Story says £5m.

I think if the judge had taken account the fact she had stuffed her face up with collagen injections then she would only have been given a few hundred pounds compensation. Nobody would employ her with a face like that surely?
        my ferret is your ferret

Comment

I was on a flight to spain 2 years ago. A stewardess made comments about Leslie ASh who had been on the flight the previous day in the seat I was satat. The comments were in the same vein as ferret's.

It seems there was a journalist on the flight as the comments appeared in the sun the next day!

I never read the sun - only know this as 1 year later the stewardess turned up at our local slimming world! she accused me of being a journalist...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            I was on a flight to spain 2 years ago.
            It seems there was a journalist on the flight as the comments appeared in the sun the next day!
            You are that journalist and I claim my 5 free Page 3 dates!

Comment

Originally posted by ferret View Post
              Story says £5m.

I think if the judge had taken account the fact she had stuffed her face up with collagen injections then she would only have been given a few hundred pounds compensation. Nobody would employ her with a face like that surely?
              Not even as a Mick Jagger stand-in?

Her trout pout is pretty hideous. Still, if you want to see an example of bad plastic surgery look at how Victoria Principal (from Dallas) looks now.

Comment

Originally posted by ferret View Post
                Story says £5m.
                Leslie Ash wins ‘£500,000’ in hospital superbug settlement

Taken from today's Times Online. She only sued for £1m so she couldn't be awarded more than that and she got half what she sued for.

Comment

So what happened with the lip thing then.

http://images.thesun.co.uk/picture/0,,2003000872,00.jpg

Did she get compensation for ending up with a face like a Badgers arse after the lip injections too
                  Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Reuters have it as £5m too. http://uk.reuters.com/article/entert...83471620080116

I used to quite fancy her at the start of Men behaving Badly.

I wouldn't touch her with Milans now though.

Comment

Working...
                    X