• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plan C Giveaway

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plan C Giveaway

why can't someone make a damn virus scanner which starts when the screen is locked/screen saver active and stops when the screen is unlocked/screen saver deactivated and which continues from where it left off at each opportunity

always have to kill the process to get rid of the virus scanner which kills the performance of my laptop

rant over

Milan.

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    why can't someone make a damn virus scanner which starts when the screen is locked/screen saver active and stops when the screen is unlocked/screen saver deactivated and which continues from where it left off at each opportunity

always have to kill the process to get rid of the virus scanner which kills the performance of my laptop

rant over

Milan.
    You mean a SETI@home type background thingy
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

yes Trigger

something like that

Milan.

Comment

Virus scanners are for numpties anyway, if you keep your system fully patched the only viruses you get will be using zero-day exploits that the scanner won't catch anyway.

Comment

Actually for once, Milan has had a good idea.

Heavens forbid he must have read is somewhere else!!!!
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post

rant over

Milan.
            Not new, I can remember there was one that carried on like that. Can't remember their name off hand.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

I have a better idea - hang publicly virus writers, soon they will run out of heads.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                I have a better idea - hang publicly virus writers, soon they will run out of heads.
                How very Russian of you!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  How very Russian of you!!!!
                  There is a man - there is a problem. There is no man - there is no problem.

Stalin

Comment

I always wondered where George Bush got the basis for his foriegn policy!

Comment

Working...
                    X