• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

computer futures

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

computer futures

All, are this crew part of the Sthree team and therefore to be avoided at all costs or have I got this wrong ?

Avoid all agencies with "Computer" in their titles

IMHO

HTH
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I personally avoid them like the plague (them and Pathway are on my "never touch" list) - but to tell you to do the same would probably be slanderous.
      The pope is a tard.

Comment

CF are the best agency ever.
        However I suggest that you record all your phone conversations with them and post them here.

Comment

In my game you have to deal with Sthree now and then. Treat them with total disrespect and distrust at all times and you'll do OK. Once you've got the job you only have to deal with them at renewal time so I wouldn;t put them on your ignore list. Be careful on payment terms.

Comment

Computer Futures

What's wrong with them then? Give examples of what they've done and what to look out for.

Comment

From my experiance they generally get gigs for companies that want bargain basement work. Contractors from CF usually lie thier teeth off on thier CV and are generally pretty tulip.

You get a few good eggs, normally guys who have been on the bench for a while and use a CF contract as a stop gap while they look for something better.

Expect around the £15-£20/hour mark.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
                From my experiance they generally get gigs for companies that want bargain basement work. Contractors from CF usually lie thier teeth off on thier CV and are generally pretty tulip.

You get a few good eggs, normally guys who have been on the bench for a while and use a CF contract as a stop gap while they look for something better.

Expect around the £15-£20/hour mark.
                I've worked through them numerous times and never at less than £40 an hour.

But then again, I know how many 'a's there are in experience...

Comment

FTC (First Time Contractors)...

... is their speciality, like the guys said. Come to think, my 1st contract was with CF!

Comment

Yes I have an almost dyslexic like ability to stick extra a's in words. I shall have to try wearing yellow glasses and see if that makes a difference.....

YMMV, my experience is from working with people supplied by them for low cost testing and despite some wonderful CV's generally the people supplied were tulipe. I remember one guy who had 8 years .NET experiance back in 2004.....

Comment

Working...
                    X