• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it only a matter of time...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it only a matter of time...

...before proposed legislation like this (If implemented) widens to include sites hosting 'anti-establishment' opinions and 'alternative', dissenting news?

Could it be the thin end of a wedge or are we in conspiracy land again?

It's all utter crap and a complete waste of time and money. How are they going to close down sites like that which are hosted in countries like Saudi Arabia, or Iran?

It's just an excuse to look like they are doing something and if they really belive it will work they are totally deluded.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
      It's all utter carp and a complete waste of time and money. How are they going to close down sites like that which are hosted in countries like Saudi Arabia, or Iran?

It's just an excuse to look like they are doing something and if they really belive it will work they are totally deluded.
      Exactly what I thought when I heard about it! Unless you go down the China route it's impossible to do.

I new someone once who ran a mildly dodgy business and he used a hosting company in the far east somewhere. They allowed payment by all sorts of means including weapons! I cant see our government closing them down, or getting customer details from them.
      http://www.bluejumper.com

Comment

Yes, there is the whole issue of 'how'.

Obviously t'govt can only take action with a UK ISP as it stands.

Comment

T i t

New Home Sec again talking out of (and enjoys showing) her big t i t s.
          Where did she get that tight blouse? Maybe our GB fancies her? Do you?

Comment

Originally posted by Dow Jones View Post
            New Home Sec again talking out of (and enjoys showing) her big t i t s.
            Where did she get that tight blouse? Maybe our GB fancies her? Do you?
            Linky, man, linky
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

The home secretary said it would be possible to "learn lessons" about removing offensive material which was placed online.

The government would consider "how you can filter out content, how you can work with internet service providers, how you can work internationally to get illegal stuff off the internet", she told BBC News 24.

"It will be difficult but we're determined, working with partners, to get rid of it."
              China, you say?

Linky

Comment

Working...
              X