• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bedlam at Heathrow

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bedlam at Heathrow

Hope no-one's going anywhere fast:

BA flight lands short of runway

El Gordo has been delayed on a flight out to China because of it.

Comment

And it's BA flight - supposedly safe

I am going to use trains from now on - there is one going through Paris to Berlin and to Moscow, 12 hour daytime stop in Berlin, good chance to check how good German bier is

Comment

Probably a female pilot.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
          Anyone know why he's going there?
          Restore the balance of payments deficit - can't think what with though?
          Agree to take more cockleshellers into UK?

Oh flip - just seen this

UK Prime Minister Gordon Brown has announced a new internet project to vastly expand the teaching of English.
          A teach-yourself-English site will also allow people worldwide to make use of a form of one-to-one tuition using internet telephony systems.

Mr Brown said it would be aimed first at China and initial hopes were for it to get one million hits a week.

He also announced plans to recruit "master trainers" in India to train up 750,000 English teachers in five years
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            And it's BA flight - supposedly safe

I am going to use trains from now on - there is one going through Paris to Berlin and to Moscow, 12 hour daytime stop in Berlin, good chance to check how good German bier is
            Because trains never crash: http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=...=1&sa=N&tab=wi

Comment

At least they've now changed the title to say that it crashed.

"Landed short of the runway", was bloody meaningless.

tim

Comment

Do these pages not get proofed before being published??

"I could see that the shoots were deployed very quickly and people were coming down on that."
                Muppets. What, were they rescued by Jack and the Beanstalk?

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post

shame he wasn't under it
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

You see, I'm now hanging around an airport for hours, suffering just like ordinary people do. Tony would have been on the Royal Flight from Northolt.

Comment

Working...
                    X