• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you like your current gig?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you like your current gig?

How do you feel about where you work at the moment?

The last time I was here I loved it, but I absolutely despise the place now (mainly because of the 2 contractor arse wipes I have to work with, and the fact that the management here are a bunch of complete half wits. Oh, and lets not forget the diptulip users, the stupid journey, the tulipe canteen and tiny loo's).

Or maybe I've just been here too long (which will be rectified in 3.5 working days)

Anyway....how do you lot feel about your current contracts?
    I love it!
    20.00%
    It's ok.
    53.33%
    I hate it :(
    20.00%
    I work for AndyW
    6.67%
    The pope is a tard.

I love it, but I have to go.

To be honest I love the fact it’s on my doorstep and pays above market rate... the work is boring.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

This is the worst place I ever worked - I must work for andyw.

It is more depressing than when I worked for the (un)civil (non)service.

Comment

I would rather attach electrodes to my testicles than do this gig.
        Last edited by Xenophon; 18 January 2008, 10:18. Reason: typo mofo
        Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Well, this is the 12th year now in the same contract, which proves I have excellent staying power , but even I am fed up now. I think after this, plan B will have to come into action, but I need to think of one first

Comment

gig is pretty good but not had a chance to get my teeth into any new technologies.
            And i keep planning about getting my next gig
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Pinto View Post
              Well, this is the 12th year now in the same contract, which proves I have excellent staying power , but even I am fed up now. I think after this, plan B will have to come into action, but I need to think of one first
              12 years?? is that a forum record?

I get itchy feet after 12 weeks, thats one of the reasons why I couldn't go permie
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Well, this is the 12th year now in the same contract
                The pope is a tard.

Comment

I am v v impressed

Comment

A well trained monkey could do what I have to do at this place. Only upside is the 40 min commute.

Comment

Working...
                    X