• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stock Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock Market

...wow what a rollercoaster ride

I reckon I'll wish I'd bought a house in the UK in 12 months
    I'm alright Jack

I know its boring but keep the main in cash for now - my unit trusts
    are a joke (the worse thing is I pay a F.A to do them for me and I could
    have lost less myself I reckon !!!)

Comment

I have reserves which I'll put in when the stock market completes its cycle, and all the "passengers" have got off.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Wouldn't stop me from getting in the market - you should be thinking about 5 years investment not 5 days. If necessary, bleed it in monthly to get pound cost averaging benefits, or bung it abroad - BRIC anyone ?

Comment

My cash is going in if the FTSE reaches 4000. Last time round I had the same rule but then bottled it when it hit the magic figure.

Comment

90% cash in investments, and a sideline in shorting the heck out of the markets in spreadbets to keep the income ticking over

Whether it's going up or going down, as long as it stays volatile there's money to be made

Comment

Gold Hedge Funds anyone ?

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                Whether it's going up or going down, as long as it stays volatile there's money to be made
                And lost !

Comment

Still money to be made

You've got to buy and sell to make money (daily/weekly) where you need nerves and quick-thinking, invest is for anyone looking at the long term (10 years +) and spreadbetting for the clued up - looking at the FTSE100/Dow Jones is like looking up at the sky and wondering whether it's going to rain or shine.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    ...wow what a rollercoaster ride

I reckon I'll wish I'd bought a house in the UK in 12 months
                    Wot has it gone back down again?

So it's not really gone up 50% in two years.

(I really don't know, I stopped looking ages ago)

tim

Comment

Working...
                    X