• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wii again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wii again

OK, I hate any kind of PC/PS games etc... just thinking of getting a Wii to get closer and have another things to do with the kids during this horrid weather that is stopping us from being able to do all the kind of fun stuff we love doing (mountain biking, long country hilly walks, long touring drives ...yeh right!!)

Anyway, for a girl who hates these computer related games (and consoles …heh come to think of it I hate all kind of games, not to mention football etc) do you think the Wii may be different?

Girlies opinion is greatly appreciated!!

Just make then clean their rooms. Again.

Its character building.

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
      OK, I hate any kind of PC/PS games etc... just thinking of getting a Wii to get closer and have another things to do with the kids during this horrid weather that is stopping us from being able to do all the kind of fun stuff we love doing (mountain biking, long country hilly walks, long touring drives ...yeh right!!)

Anyway, for a girl who hates these computer related games (and consoles …heh come to think of it I hate all kind of games, not to mention football etc) do you think the Wii may be different?

Girlies opinion is greatly appreciated!!
      I play Tetris, Minesweeper or Spider Solitaire using all 4 suites when I'm bored.

With the kids why not play traditional board games like Monopoly, Ludo or Snakes and Ladders. Much more fun than those mindless computer games, surely!
      Last edited by Denny; 18 January 2008, 19:22.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
        I play Tetris, Minesweeper or Spider Solitaire using all 4 suites when I'm bored.

With the kids why not play traditional board games like Monopoly, Ludo or Snakes and Ladders. Much more fun than those mindless computer games, surely!
        These are all very simple games...

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
          Yes. Not only does Mrs Bob hate computer games, but she hates all things computer related. However, she not only loves the Wii, she has ordered a game without my prompting that arrives on Monday that she intends as a game to play with me. Unprecedented I tell ya...
          Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

hmm snakes and ladders, a game purely of chance, I can see how that will not be "mindless". Ludo is hardly and better.

Monopoly was one of the biggest causes of fights between and my brother and me when we were kids.
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy Bob View Post
              Yes. Not only does Mrs Bob hate computer games, but she hates all things computer related. However, she not only loves the Wii, she has ordered a game without my prompting that arrives on Monday that she intends as a game to play with me. Unprecedented I tell ya...
              similar thing happened with my wife, she won't touch the PS3 or the PSP but loves the wii, her favourite games so far are the operation thing and wario smooth moves
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Thanks, but never mind - kids decided to go for a pool table instead !! now that is something I know we'd enjoy doing

Comment

I think nearly every computer game ever made is less mindless than frikkin Ludo

Comment

Originally posted by fzbucks View Post
                    I think nearly every computer game ever made is less mindless than frikkin Ludo
                    But I'm only one generation away from those who used to play hopscotch in their spare time.

Comment

Working...
                    X