• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brown gives £825 million to India

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brown gives £825 million to India

Gordon Brown has announced a new package of development aid for India, worth £825m over the next three years.

The funding is expected to target areas such as the eastern state of Bihar, one of India's poorest.
    Dudes - seems pants to give aid to a country that has nuclear weapons and a space program

Agreed. Never understood that. Doesn't Britain also give aid to China?
    Mind you keeping relationships strong with those growing titans can only be good in the long run. And I suppose £825 million is chump change in the bigger scheme of things.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      And I suppose £825 million is chump change in the bigger scheme of things.
      Over 3 years that's £300 mln max - around 3% of what Golden Sucks pays every year in bonus.

Comment

£825m is to pay for another million Indian IT grads MCSE course fees.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Agreed. Never understood that. Doesn't Britain also give aid to China?
          Mind you keeping relationships strong with those growing titans can only be good in the long run. And I suppose £825 million is chump change in the bigger scheme of things.

a billion her, a billion there and quite soon you are talking serious money.

was it Lawson or Lamont who said that?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            a billion her, a billion there and quite soon you are talking serious money.

was it Lawson or Lamont who said that?

here

Comment

Funny isn't it, how many of the ex colonies were happy enough to tell us ow they would be better off without us yet they still want our money.
              Even now when they are taking our jobs they still want a bung to remain friends.
              I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
              Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
                Funny isn't it, how many of the ex colonies were happy enough to tell us ow they would be better off without us yet they still want our money.
                Even now when they are taking our jobs they still want a bung to remain friends.
                Hmmm not the most perceptive of intra-country relationship analyses I've ever heard.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Can't work out why we are chucking that money over there, their economy is booming and they are making money hand over fist by suppling all our services for us....

Maybe we ought to donate a few hundred million to the USA to help them with thier housing crisis too.....

Comment

Currently reading the excellent "In Spite of the Gods - the strange rise of modern India" by Edward Luce. He's the South Asia FT correspondent.
                    Sheds some light on the many "countries" within a country that make up India.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X