• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Panels views on Focus

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panels views on Focus

I currently have a fiesta diesel 1.4, but all the toys, aircon, leccy windows and all of that. Even fluffy dice. Tasty machine. (Yeah, right....)

Found a CRACKER of a deal - Focus 1.8 diesel, alloys, aircon, cruise control, Style Plus. All for £11.5K. Normally £16K from a stealer. Brand new, del miles, car supermarket job.

My car is worth around £6K to £6.5K.

Given the daily round trip of 120 miles, I am wondeirng if changing my choice of stead to this finee looking filly will make all the difference? I especially like the look of the cruise con, and have heard only good things about the new Focus.

Tried a new Astra, not impressed.

At a smidge over £11K, why get a used one??

Panel thoughts?

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    I currently have a fiesta diesel 1.4

You sure are not threaded, nor do you aspire to be in the same league with him

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

You sure are not threaded, nor do you aspire to be in the same league with him
      Don't knock my little Fiesta! Fine car for the 20 minute bimble I used to have, but, not so cool for 120 miles daily on a very exposed motorway!

Comment

Don't listen to these wannabe macho men (losers) who define their (lack of) personalities and little willies by buying big cars.
        I rate the Focus, great A to B car, good drive, reliable and comfy enough, cheap maintenance.
        Go for it.

PS And you don't piss off the permies. Oh hang on ...
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

not so cool for 120 miles daily on a very exposed motorway!
          1.4 diesel has no power to overtake, you should not be getting on motorway dude.

I would recommend you to upgrade to some decent car - say blue PUG 307, diesel 2.0 liter, very good - also the car is of historical importance, I am sure you will be able to sell it for big bucks later down the line.

Comment

1.4 diesel has no power to overtake, you should not be getting on motorway dude.

You should have the skill to drive any car on the motorway.

Oh I forgot you are Russian...
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

I would recommend you to upgrade to some decent car - say blue PUG 307, diesel 2.0 liter, very good - also the car is of historical importance, I am sure you will be able to sell it for big bucks later down the line.
              How is a 307 historically important, and how is it better than a 1.8 loaded Focus? What car seem to not like it.... http://whatcar.co.uk/car-review-summ...1&MA=30&RT=326

OUCH - Also £14K for the 2litre. A whopping £3K more than the Focus.....

Comment

How is a 307 historically important
                Because I drove it for almost 5 years, you permie numpty!

Mine is hatchback - much nicer than estate...

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  You should have the skill to drive any car on the motorway.

Oh I forgot you are Russian...
                  Believe me, driving this Fiesta on a windy day is more like piloting the thing....

Comment

Believe me, driving this Fiesta on a windy day is more like piloting the thing....
                    Know what you mean. Probably still better than my Aygo. But it's all part of the fun. I reckon people who drive small cars have better driving skills than those in large ones... can't take anyfink for granted.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X