• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dopey workmen

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dopey workmen

So, a couple of weeks ago several workmen arrived to remove a lamp post in the office car park. They couldn't dig it out of the ground, but managed to cut it down with an angle grinder (which I should add was plugged into a socket that they'd wired directly into the lamp) and left a stump about a metre high which they expertly sealed off with a carrier bag and a zip tie.

Today another motley crew arrives to make a second attempt at removing it. After spending about 5 seconds digging down to try and remove it, they decide upon an alternative plan. One of them gets in their van and begins reversing into it, hoping the towbar of the van will knock it over. After approximately 20 attempts, the towbar didn't seem to be pointing in the same direction as it was before they started.

They then seem to have got bored and buggered off.

Looking forward to instalment 3 next time they're back....
    ǝןqqıʍ

is this them?
    http://www.abbeville.com/oscar/images/1932-d.jpg
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

They're back again.

There's three of them standing around the stump looking confused.
      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Can they see you watching? If so give them a wave.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
          Doubt it.

These are the fellas who were digging a hole in front of my house the other day. They kindly blocked my drive with their van.

As far as I can make out, they've just dug a hole and left it.

Comment

I once tried to pull the stump of a huge rosebush out of my garden using a car with 140BHP.

The rose bush won.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
              Or this?
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                  That is excellent!

The vegetarian option.

Comment

I think they're more like this
                    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Working...
                    X