• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you give blood?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you give blood?

poll to follow
    yes - 76 or more times
    0.00%
    yes - 51 to 75 times
    3.70%
    yes - 26 to 50 times
    7.41%
    yes - 1 to 25 times
    33.33%
    no - 0 times - I am andyw and hence a big girl's blouse
    55.56%

No - cos they won't take it from me

Comment

Not so far, but I would if they were desperate. I may get around to giving one day, though it seems like a bit of an unpleasant activty.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        Not so far, but I would if they were desperate. I may get around to giving one day, though it seems like a bit of an unpleasant activty.
        In that case I hope come the day you need a blood transfusion they say, "sorry mate, no one got around to giving any blood this week as it's a bit unpleasant".

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          You obviously haven't done it otherwise you would know it's not unpleasant.

If you are fit and active your veins are more prominent so they will have no difficulty taking the blood out of you. Even if you are not active the people who are let loose on new donors have done it about 100 times and you are not allowed to see the needle.

Plus if you donate in summer or around Christmas they often happily give you more than just one biscuit. I've been offered mugs, pens, mince pies, mini-cheddars.....
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

My blood type is too common, so I don't bother. There's probably barrels of it already there for use, so my contribution probably wouldn't earn me more than a digestive and a cup of tea, even at Christmas.

Comment

I've tried 3 times, each time virtually nothing came out and we gave it up as a bad job...
              ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                My blood type is too common, so I don't bother. There's probably barrels of it already there for use, so my contribution probably wouldn't earn me more than a digestive and a cup of tea, even at Christmas.
                They love us common blood donors.

Simply because lots of people with common blood have accidents or need blood products.

And the people giving out the mince pies, mugs and pens are the volunteers who don't know how common your blood is.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                  Nothing like altruism is there...
                  ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                    I've tried 3 times, each time virtually nothing came out and we gave it up as a bad job...

Least you tried which is more than some people.

Comment

Working...
                    X