• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hello - A post by Denny

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello - A post by Denny

Today I woke up and brushed my teeth. It was raining. I had my toast and tea. Then I went to the bus stop. I was feeling good. There was a man at the bus stop. He was reading the Financial Times. How boring! It has no pictures and lots of words. In the bus was a Metro newspaper. That is much more interesting. It had pictures of Amy and Whitney and Kylie. They are all so pretty and talented. I wish I was them.

Anyway I'll tell you more later.

Hugs and kisses,
    Denny.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Forgot to mention, the bus was taking me to the train station. A train station is where you catch a train. I caught a train to go to London. London is a big city. I was going to London to buy Heat magazine.

Heat magazine is amazing. It has lots and lots of pictures in it and not many words. In fact, the only real word that I can make out is the one on the cover that says Heat in big red letters. I like red, it's my favourite colour, after orange. I love oranges but not as much as I like apples but not as much as I like Mr Kiplings apple pies.

I'm tired now.

Goodnight.

Comment

Is this the new Test Please Delete? The drivel is far higher quality!
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Today I woke up and brushed my teeth. It was raining. I had my toast and tea. Then I went to the bus stop. I was feeling good. There was a man at the bus stop. He was reading the Financial Times. How boring! It has no pictures and lots of words. In the bus was a Metro newspaper. That is much more interesting. It had pictures of Amy and Whitney and Kylie. They are all so pretty and talented. I wish I was them.

Hugs and kisses,
        Denny.

Actually, I indulged in a bit of light reading - I was reading about Fermat's Last Theorem. Fascinating stuff. Not that I'd expect a birdbrain like you to know anything about it.

--------

In 1847 Lamé announced that he had a solution of Fermat's Last Theorem and sketched out a proof. Liouville suggested that the proof depended on a unique decomposition into primes which was unlikely to be true. However, Cauchy supported Lamé. The argument which followed indicates the totally different atmosphere surrounding mathematical research of this period from that which we know today. Perhaps we could illustrate the point causing this argument. Complex numbers of the form a + b√-3, where a, b are integers, form a ring. A prime number in this ring is defined in an analogous way to a prime integer, namely a number whose only divisors of the form a + b√-3 other than itself are those numbers with multiplicative inverses. In this ring 4 can be written as a product of prime numbers in two different ways

4 = 22 and 4 = (1 + √-3)(1 -√-3).

Gauss had proved around 1801 that numbers of the form a + b√-1, where a, b are integers, could be written uniquely as a product of prime numbers of the form a + b√-1 in an analogous manner to the unique decomposition of an integer as a product of prime integers. In fact, numbers of the form a + b +c2 where a, b, c are integers and is a complex cube root of 1, also have unique factorisation, and this can be used to prove the n = 3 case of Fermat's last Theorem.
        Last edited by Denny; 22 January 2008, 00:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
          Actually, I indulged in a bit of light reading - I was reading about Fermet's Last Theorem. Fascinating stuff. Not that I'd expect a birdbrain like you to know anything about it.

Fermat

The rest of "your" text is from here.

That's plagiarism!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Fermat

The rest of "your" text is from here.

That's plagiarism!
            No that's not plagiarism, that's being a grass.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
              No that's not plagiarism, that's being a grass.
              Grass as in rat? If so then I am a fluffy tree rat

Comment

Fermat!

Isn't he the guy that said the area of a right triangle can't be a square.

Now there's insight for you

Besides, he didn't publish his theorem, his Friends did, years after he died, He was too embarrassed to publish them himself.
                Last edited by Diver; 22 January 2008, 01:03.
                Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Just googled this:

Fermat almost certainly wrote the marginal note around 1630, when he first studied Diophantus's Arithmetica. It may well be that Fermat realised that his remarkable proof was wrong, however, since all his other theorems were stated and restated in challenge problems that Fermat sent to other mathematicians. Although the special cases of n = 3 and n = 4 were issued as challenges (and Fermat did know how to prove these) the general theorem was never mentioned again by Fermat.

Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

Hugs and kisses,
                    Denny.
                    Didn't Spike Milligan do something like this?

SG - you really should return to tpd - you could take us to new drivel levels...

Comment

Working...
                    X