• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sovereign Wealth Funds may save us from recession ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sovereign Wealth Funds may save us from recession ...

... but at what price? A fall in asset prices during a recession may be partly ameliorated by SWFs bargain hunting and thus driving the price up.
    But yet more assets become foreign owned.
    Welcome to UK plc a partially foreign-owned subsidiary of China, AbuDhabi and other rich Arab states.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

All globalisation is good remember.

All UK manufacturing, service sector and research overseas.
    All UK businesses foreign owned
    All UK property foreign owned.

Sounds like a good plan.

HTH

Comment

SWFs keeping prices of stock up wont save us from the big R though will it?

Unless the SWFs prevent the housing crash by starting to buy up all the overpriced housing stock we are fecked anyway.

I somehow doubt they will.
      The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle2 View Post
        SWFs keeping prices of stock up wont save us from the big R though will it?

Unless the SWFs prevent the housing crash by starting to buy up all the overpriced housing stock we are fliped anyway.

I somehow doubt they will.
        I'm sure they will rope in at the top-end of the market ...
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
        X