• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tax dodging scum

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tax dodging scum

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7200066.stm

But at least they give us their organs when they go.

but i wonder how many of them are like me and don't bother taxing my bike during the winter. This is probably a statistics thing where thay see 40% of bikes not taxed and think all of them are on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by monkeyboy View Post
      but i wonder how many of them are like me and don't bother taxing my bike during the winter. This is probably a statistics thing where thay see 40% of bikes not taxed and think all of them are on the road.
      by law you must declare the bike as SORN if you're planning to keep it off the road and un taxed
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by monkeyboy View Post
        In which case you will have completed a SORN. Won't you? Or are you another one of these tax dodging scum?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7200066.stm

But at least they give us their organs when they go.
          These days there is an ever growing shortage of organs - quite rightly too. bikers are generally alot more careful.

Mind you I saw the aftermath of one bike accident - severe dent in petrol tank from hips. If it was a man then that would smart alot.

Comment

Next year the police get the power to take and crush vehicles that are parked on the public highway and are not taxed.

Fortunately for most bikers they don't need to park them on the public highway when they are off-road.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Next year the police get the power to take and crush vehicles that are parked on the public highway and are not taxed.

Fortunately for most bikers they don't need to park them on the public highway when they are off-road.
              the new law means they can get them off road as well
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                the new law means they can get them off road as well
                They have to be able to find them first

Comment

This is just another example of how new liebore manipulate figures. Furthermore, it also adds support to the governments drive to remove motorcycling as a transport option.

But, for those of use who choose to ride motorbikes...

...you'll never take me alive copper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
                    This is just another example of how new liebore manipulate figures. Furthermore, it also adds support to the governments drive to remove motorcycling as a transport option.

Nope they just trying to raise awareness of motocycle tax dodgers so when they use the new law to clamp down on motorcyclists Middle England will think the government have been hard on crime.

They did this a few years back before they started clamping down on uninsured motorists.

Comment

Working...
                    X