• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Booze booze and more booze

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Booze booze and more booze

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7201874.stm

"Among men in households with a gross weekly income of over £1,000, 83% had had a drink in the previous week, and 51% had drunk more than four units on at least one day."

Errrrr..... Am I the only one worried when the above drinking levels become noteworthy?

Sounds quite reasonable to me. Especially considering that there is a much greater selection of drinks that will have 2 units in the standard helping nowadays.

Anyway, it's healthy to have one drink a day!! There is some rat research somewhere proving it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
      Sounds quite reasonable to me. Especially considering that there is a much greater selection of drinks that will have 2 units in the standard helping nowadays.

Anyway, it's healthy to have one drink a day!! There is some rat research somewhere proving it.
      The little bastards never buy a round! Squirrels on the other hand... Eh, AtW?

Comment

And there was me thinking I was drinking alone.
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by Tensai View Post

"Among men in households with a gross weekly income of over £1,000, 83% had had a drink in the previous week, and 51% had drunk more than four units on at least one day."

Errrrr..... Am I the only one worried when the above drinking levels become noteworthy?
          No. Mine's a pint by the way
          +50 Xeno Geek Points
          Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
          As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Tensai View Post

Men drink an average of 18.7 units a week

That is only six and a half pints of Stella. Amateurs.
            Last edited by Gonzo; 22 January 2008, 19:42.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
              Well, that would do to wash down the lunchtime Pret sarnie

Comment

Stella..
                wife beater

Comment

Men drink an average of 18.7 units a week

sounds like a Friday night to me.....
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

This is good news as it will relieve the pensions crisis due in about 15 years.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X