• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What justification is needed for a pickup truck?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What justification is needed for a pickup truck?

How strong a justification do you need to get a company pickup truch as a company vehicle? Anybody know?

It looks like it could be more cost effective than using a private car at 25p/mile or a 120g green car. Why is green cheaper than any other colour anyway?
    Last edited by Hiram King Of Tyre; 22 January 2008, 17:56.

and you can get the full 17.5% VAT back

all you then need is yorkie bar & a lumberjack shirt
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

No justification at all if you wear dungarees, a baseball cap, chew tobacco and your name is Jim-Baaab.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
        and you can get the full 17.5% VAT back

all you then need is yorkie bar & a lumberjack shirt
        And an inferiority complex ala ShaunBhoy.

Comment

Yes I know all the plus's. Living on a small holding, I could make decent use of one too but do I need to justify it to hector?

I'm considering doing 10k miles in a private car at 40p and then doing the rest in a company pickup (until they change the rules)

Comment

Originally posted by Hiram King Of Tyre View Post
            Yes I know all the plus's. Living on a small holding, I could make decent use of one too but do I need to justify it to hector?

I'm considering doing 10k miles in a private car at 40p and then doing the rest in a company pickup (until they change the rules)
            Why should you have to justify it?

Btw, a quick question, do those 4 seater/door pick-up thingies get taxed as a normal car?

Comment

No. completely differently. If it's taxed as a commercial vehicle (meets the ctiteria), then the BIK value is £3kpa, Also if the company pay for all fuel, the BIK on that is £500pa. Plus you get the VAT back

I think you have to justify a business need though

Comment

Originally posted by Hiram King Of Tyre View Post
                No. completely differently. If it's taxed as a commercial vehicle (meets the ctiteria), then the BIK value is £3kpa, Also if the company pay for all fuel, the BIK on that is £500pa. Plus you get the VAT back

I think you have to justify a business need though
                Why?

I tell you what, why not have a look at the HMRC Robbing Bastards website?

Comment

I'll have a dig around later. Off to watch the footie now.

Salutations!

Comment

Doesn't the bik go up to 3000 this year ?

Comment

Working...
                    X