• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Company Car?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Company Car?

This may seem a daft question, but here goes, they say only answers are daft....

I am getting extended for just three months, then going perm.

I am also buying a brand new car.

With this in mind, is there any merit in getting paid to my company instead of brolly, and using this trading company as a vehicle for claiming VAT back against the new car purchase? (12.5K) instead of claiming mileage?

Another question - is there any accounts I need to sort out before the end of Jan - got the company name registered a few weeks back, but not traded in the company as using brolly until renewal. (Indeed, now I will be going perm will continue with brolly, unless buying my car through the company is worth doing so, in which case I will trade for 3 months).

Once I get hacked off with permiedom I will be back contracting when the market does not look as bleak, so also want to project my company name, and not just close.

Thanks!

I don't think you can claim VAT back on a new car

Comment

Originally posted by Hiram King Of Tyre View Post
      I don't think you can claim VAT back on a new car
      You can if you're registered disabled.
      The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Worth a try - thankfully not registered disabled, but, the mafia neighbours may change that (FOUR knackered transit van scum mates visiting!)

Any advice on company accounts for a company that is created, but not trading??

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
          This may seem a daft question, but here goes, they say only answers are daft....
          Don't think anyone on here would ever accuse you of asking a daft question

I am getting extended for just three months, then going perm.
          No way, what brought this on?

I am also buying a brand new car.
          Knowing you, bet it's something flash like a Beemer.

Any advice on company accounts for a company that is created, but not trading?
          Make the company dormant but believe you will still need to file annual accounts. Check CH website for details.

Comment

Working...
          X