• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Heath Ledger is found dead in US

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heath Ledger is found dead in US

Hollywood actor Heath Ledger has been found dead at a residence in downtown Manhattan.

Full Story from Auntie Beeb
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

He was my hero and favourite actor. I'm devastated.

Comment

This is really sad :-(

I'm sure he's just had a baby with that little lass who used to be in Dawsons Creek.

Bloody fame and fortune, who'd have it?
      The pope is a tard.

Comment

Yes I have been contrasting the media coverage of a minor celebrity apparently committing suicide, with the reporting of the death of British soldier Cpl Darryl Gardiner in Afghanistan while serving his country.

One was the lead story on the Radio & TV; the other had just a passing mention.

I wonder if we have got our priorities right
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Nicky G View Post
          He was my hero and favourite actor. I'm devastated.
          You want to get out more.

Oh, I forgot, that comet has got your name on it...

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            You want to get out more.

Oh, I forgot, that comet has got your name on it...
            padded cell
            ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
              This is really sad :-(

I'm sure he's just had a baby with that little lass who used to be in Dawsons Creek.

Bloody fame and fortune, who'd have it?
              He split from her last year, according to the BBC...suicide or accident? Maybe it was a conspiracy....
              "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

He wanted to be remembered as the next James Dean, but really he'll just be remembered as a gay cowboy who died with drugs up his bottom.

Apart from that, what Troll said.
                And I reckon NickyG's favourite actor would be Clint Eastwood (in Firefox).
                Last edited by GreenerGrass; 23 January 2008, 08:52.

Comment

Yes I have been contrasting the media coverage of a minor celebrity apparently committing suicide, with the reporting of the death of British soldier Cpl Darryl Gardiner in Afghanistan while serving his country.

One was the lead story on the Radio & TV; the other had just a passing mention.

I wonder if we have got our priorities right
                  Agreed, not to mention when Sir Ed died hardly anyone on this board reacted, some tinpot actor dies and its 'big news'

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
                    Agreed, not to mention when Sir Ed died hardly anyone on this board reacted, some tinpot actor dies and its 'big news'
                    What makes an explorer more important than an actor?
                    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Working...
                    X