• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Microwave rice water spoon

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Microwave rice water spoon

A question of pressing importance.

When you're making a microwave meal with a rice compartment, it used to tell you to put a spoonful of water in the rice half way through. They don't require that any more. What's changed? Have they just started putting moister rice in? Why couldn't they have done that from the word go?

Secondly:
    When going for a nice Sunday afternoon walk in the country, a common site used to be miles and miles of brown cassette tape threaded through a hedge, no doubt after being discarded from a passing Sierra on an adjacent B-road and left to the tender mercy of Boreas' playful gusts. It saddens me that thanks to CD's and MP3's, the next generation may never see this beautiful counterpoint between God's and man's creation.

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
    A question of pressing importance.

When you're making a microwave meal with a rice compartment, it used to tell you to put a spoonful of water in the rice half way through. They don't require that any more. What's changed? Have they just started putting moister rice in? Why couldn't they have done that from the word go?

Secondly:
    When going for a nice Sunday afternoon walk in the country, a common site used to be miles and miles of brown cassette tape threaded through a hedge, no doubt after being discarded from a passing Sierra on an adjacent B-road and left to the tender mercy of Boreas' playful gusts. It saddens me that thanks to CD's and MP3's, the next generation may never see this beautiful counterpoint between God's and man's creation.
    You are bored aren't you?

Really Really Bored
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
      You are bored aren't you?

Really Really Bored
      Topics like this are vital to the evolutionary progress of mankind, or didn't you know that?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
        Topics like this are vital to the evolutionary progress of mankind, or didn't you know that?
        I suppose they help in the development of an inquiring mind as well
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

We're only a short step away from "Why don't you see crumbly white dog turds anymore?".
          The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
            We're only a short step away from "Why don't you see crumbly white dog turds anymore?".

Why don't you ?
            It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Have you ever seen a baby pigeon?
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

As this is a fairly random thread..

I've heard a new management phase

"Knowlege Capital"

t**sers
                http://www.bluejumper.com

Comment

Originally posted by Fran View Post
                  As this is a fairly random thread..

I've heard a new management phase

"Knowlege Capital"

t**sers
                  Knowledge

HTH

Fleetwood
                  The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
                    ... a common site used to be miles and miles of brown cassette tape threaded through a hedge, no doubt after being discarded from a passing Sierra on an adjacent B-road and left to the tender mercy of Boreas' playful gusts...
                    sight

I thought the tape was left there by satanists who'd recorded their curses, and wanted to spread the misery along that stretch of road.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X