• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pcg

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pcg

Hi All,

I think I want to join.

I was thinking yesterday, what with all this IR35 stuff....we kind of expect them to fight this for us...yet most of us don't join and pay any fees towards it.

I'm starting to feel ashamed.

Who here is a member? And who wouldn't bother? (And who is like me, and thinking of joining?) (I'll do a poll).

Also, if someone could provide a link for me, that would save me the excuse of saying "It was too difficult - I didn't know where to go"...

Cheers,
    Sal
    xxx
    Yes, I'm a member.
    65.28%
    I'm not a member, and will probably never join.
    13.89%
    I'm not a member, but I'm thinking of joining.
    18.06%
    I want AndyW's member.
    2.78%
    Last edited by SallyAnne; 23 January 2008, 07:24.
    The pope is a tard.

http://www.pcg.org.uk/cms/index.php?...hip&Itemid=613
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

I was a member then left - as I have no ltd company and go offshore.

I wanted to stay for the forums - but no "pcg lite" option - yet!

This foeum is great for chat - maybe I need to join contractorallliance to get the business opportunitis?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        I was a member then left - as I have no ltd company and go offshore.

I wanted to stay for the forums - but no "pcg lite" option - yet!

This foeum is great for chat - maybe I need to join contractorallliance to get the business opportunitis?
        The forum is the worst bit IMO. Full of drama queens and holier-than-thou's. The IR35 insurance is worth the membership fee (though the liability insurance is only worth it if you don't deal with money - not even necessarily banking, I'm in the retail side of things and none of the PCG affiliates would quote anywhere near the advertised price, if at all).
        Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Do you get the IR35 insurance free?

I was looking at the PCG Plus Single - it lists perks like Jury Service cover etc, but doesn't mention IR35 insurance anywhere.
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

I joined a few years back after a rec from this site.

Don't really use the General/Lounge forums as they're a bit cliquey (sp?) but the more serious ones do provide good info about what's happening but with the usual polarised opinions you get on a forum.

Insurance is huge bonus as well and mainly the reason I keep renewing.

My £0.02

Edit: Have voted 'yes' but am disappointed that I didn't go for the AndyW options as it's a corker. Well done SA

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
              Do you get the IR35 insurance free?

I was looking at the PCG Plus Single - it lists perks like Jury Service cover etc, but doesn't mention IR35 insurance anywhere.
              You get full insurance against the costs of any aspect inquiry, not just IR35 ones, exactly where it kicks in depends on whether or not you have normal membership or PCGPlus - the latter aims to stop you getting into an IR35/S660/Family Business Tax argument in the first place and also has some valuable freebie extras like Agency Insolvency protection and Jury Service cover.

There's also a heap of discounted membership benefits from hotels to Business Stationery packs and the fora, despite the views of some, have more concentrated, informed and accurate knowledge on contracting than anywhere else; yes there's some tits on there as well, but they also inhabit other boards (I know, Denny, I'm probably one of them...)
              Go to www.pcg.org.uk and look at the Membership. Member Services and Membership Benefits tabs for the full details.

But you've already given the best reason for joining. Contractors are individuals, but they need someone to stand up and shout on their behalf and the more members the louder the voice - like the man said, "I speak for myself, and my 16,000 collleagues"
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Where's the "Well they're good payers, ask the guy who got half a million for 'web services', nice work if you can get it!" option?

Comment

I am a member and always have been. Primarily for the insurance. I use the forums occasionally.
                  Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    Where's the "Well they're good payers, ask the guy who got half a million for 'web services', nice work if you can get it!" option?
                    That was Andy White, it wasn't half a million, it wasn't for web services, it was 8 years ago and it's a different organisation now. So what's your point?
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                    X