• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Virgin Media - Hays IT

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virgin Media - Hays IT

Might have the chance of a contract through the above, anybody with experience of Virgin Media ?

Also I guess the standard Hays contract is not greatly IR35 friendly...

Any views comments etc ??
    Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Originally posted by Bluebird View Post
    Might have the chance of a contract through the above, anybody with experience of Virgin Media ?

No problems with the Hays contracts (Depending on whos interpreting it I guess but they have the usual 'safe' clauses in it) I did just get stood up by them last week on a Virgin gig though just before the interview, I got told they pulled their funding - at least they saved me a four hour drive tho c***s

Comment

Originally posted by rz6bm7 View Post
      No problems with the Hays contracts (Depending on whos interpreting it I guess but they have the usual 'safe' clauses in it) I did just get stood up by them last week on a Virgin gig though just before the interview, I got told they pulled their funding - at least they saved me a four hour drive tho c***s
      Thanks...

Comment

Had a couple of interviews with them a few months back but turned it down for the current gig ( 20 mins from home beats an extra £100/day and working away all week.)

VM guys seem clued up and on the ball, at least in the stuff I would have been working on. If it was the offices in Hook, then it's a nice site with plenty of greenery around and transport wasnt too bad.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          Had a couple of interviews with them a few months back but turned it down for the current gig ( 20 mins from home beats an extra £100/day and working away all week.)

VM guys seem clued up and on the ball, at least in the stuff I would have been working on. If it was the offices in Hook, then it's a nice site with plenty of greenery around and transport wasnt too bad.
          Gig is in Newport [Wales] - I think it's an old NTL site.....

Comment

I'm on my 2nd 6 month stint in the last 18 months with Virgin. They are OK. What site and area are you working in? I'm via CP, however, although I believe Hayes are the preferred agency. Weekly payements, 10 days delay. So pretty standard. Everything is electronic, never had a problem or snag with any payments.

Comment

Originally posted by rawly View Post
              I'm on my 2nd 6 month stint in the last 18 months with Virgin. They are OK. What site and area are you working in? I'm via CP, however, although I believe Hayes are the preferred agency. Weekly payements, 10 days delay. So pretty standard. Everything is electronic, never had a problem or snag with any payments.
              Everything is electronic? That's a joke.

I have to get electronic timesheets authorised by my client and sent to Hays via email. I then have to print off the same timesheet and attach it to my invoice which I have to post to them every week.

Oh and they keep loosing my timesheet.

P

Comment

Gig is in Newport [Wales] - I think it's an old NTL site.....

They say you can't polish a turd. But you sure as (NTL) hell can paint it red and white.

I'd hold out for a gig at Virgin Galactic. Looks a lot more interesting:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/7205445.stm
                Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                Feist - I Feel It All
                Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

i'm through hays at the moment. invoice weekly and they pay real quick, so what the paper filing wastes trees!

Comment

I hate beardy. ntl was bad - but Virgin are just dire. BT here I come...

Comment

Working...
                    X