• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Congratulations to Jacqui Smith.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations to Jacqui Smith.

The Home Secretary promised to put more police on the streets.....

Originally posted by expat View Post
    Because she apparently doesnt feel safe walking the streets a night....

Probably cos it's the police who want to give her a good kicking in the first place.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Wouldn't it be nice if the peeved off plod (about to demonstrate for back dated pay rise) chose to drop her off unprotected in some of the less salubrious parts of London to find her own way home... just wishfull thinking
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

A mate of mine works for the diplomatic protection squad and he reckons its only their professionalism and dedication to their work that stops them from doing this

Anyways, its this government that wots stuffed things up...the have increased the size of the public service in all the wrong areas. Feck all teachers, feck all firemen, feck all police but tulip loads of pen pushers in the home office (but not in the right places that would help improve efficiency!).

Mailman

Comment

Isn't there supposed to be 17k of them heading to London at the moment. Is that how she plans to fill the streets with Police?
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
            Wouldn't it be nice if the peeved off plod (about to demonstrate for back dated pay rise) chose to drop her off unprotected in some of the less salubrious parts of London to find her own way home... just wishfull thinking
            Warriors, come out to play
            Warriors, come out to play
            Warriors, come out to playyyyyyyyyy

Comment

And she has done!

They are out in force today........in protest about their pay settlement!!!!

Comment

Apologies

Apologies to Tony.... I should have read the thread before adding my comment

Comment

You meant "Police community support officers"
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                    Isn't there supposed to be 17k of them heading to London at the moment. Is that how she plans to fill the streets with Police?
                    You wait, they will spin it out that way somehow. 17K Police on Londons streets in response to calls for safer metrolops [sic]
                    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Working...
                    X