• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Three Little Pigs 'too offensive'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Three Little Pigs 'too offensive'

How come no one's posted this yet? Prime CUK material surely.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/7204635.stm

A story based on the Three Little Pigs has been turned down from a government agency's annual awards because the subject matter could offend Muslims.

The digital book, re-telling the classic fairy tale, was rejected by judges who warned that "the use of pigs raises cultural issues".

Becta, the government's educational technology agency, is a leading partner in the annual schools award.

The judges also attacked Three Little Cowboy Builders for offending builders.

onanists

I'm going to write a new story with lots of PIGS! PIGS! PIGS! PIGS! PIGS! PIGS! PIGS! PIGS! PIGS! PIGS! PIGS! PIGS! PIGS! PIGS! PIGS! PIGS! PIGS! PIGS! PIGS! PIGS! PIGS! PIGS! PIGS! PIGS! PIGS! PIGS! PIGS! PIGS! PIGS! PIGS! PIGS! in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tex View Post
      How come no one's posted this yet? Prime CUK material surely.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/7204635.stm
      Zeighty posted it in TPD

Comment

Ms Curtis said that rather than preventing the spread of racism, such an attitude was likely to inflame ill-feeling. As another example, she says would that mean that secondary schools could not teach Animal Farm because it features pigs?
        No, secondary schools can't teach Animal Farm, because it might cause the kids to start noticing the direction in which the government is moving...
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I'm sure if you ask any muslim they wouldn't really care. Some may even tell you they read the story to their own children!
          McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
          Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
            I'm sure if you ask any muslim they wouldn't really care. Some may even tell you they read the story to their own children!
            What about Goldilocks and the bear called mohammed ?
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Oh interesting...TE's post has been deleted. Does that mean he's barred?
              McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
              Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Who he?

Comment

Tex?

Comment

I think you mean TonyEnglish.

What was said?

Comment

Working...
                    X