• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Looks like permie salaries have started to fall

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like permie salaries have started to fall

Ouch

Edit: Quickly followed by contractor rates!
    Last edited by Clippy; 23 January 2008, 20:04.

Originally posted by Clippy View Post

I suppose at least no tax due...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

I suppose at least no tax due...
      Since they'll be working they have to pay their Council Tax - net of earnings naturally.

Comment

Ouch

"In return my exclusive client are willing to pay up to £68000 for the right candidate with a car allowance and benefits"

RTFM
        I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Ouch

Have I missed something completely or are they offering a whole pound a year for this gig?

Edit: I appreciate this maybe a complete whoosh moment but WGAS!

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
            "In return my exclusive client are willing to pay up to £68000 for the right candidate with a car allowance and benefits"

RTFM
            They sure are falling - I wouldn't do it for £68k...
            The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Originally posted by EqualOpportunities View Post
              They sure are falling - I wouldn't do it for £68k...
              Lucky you don't work in Embedded systems then.

I'm seeing requirement for Software Manager running a team of 8 people paying 35-40K.

Trying to get that salary as an engineer is next to impossible unless you are currently working on the latest leading edge thing.

tim

Comment

Working...
              X