• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why waste Road Kill?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why waste Road Kill?

Maybe this will get people off those squirrels....

To cook one badger you'll need:

1 badger
    1 glass of pig's blood
    1 small glass of armagnac
    1 ginger root
    1 bottle of dry, sparkling white wine
    2 eggs
    1 pot of crème fraîche
    salt and pepper
    500g forest mushrooms OR chestnuts to accompany
    100g butter
    oil

Eviscerate and skin your badger, and soak it in a fast-flowing river for at least 48 hours. This will help you to de-grease it more easily.

Once the badger is de-greased, cut it into pieces and brown it in a frying pan with butter. When the pieces are golden and stiff, flambée with the armanac, season and add a grated soup-spoon of ginger, fresh if possible.

Pour over the wine, and simmer gently for at least two hours.

At the end of the cooking time, mix the chopped badger liver (cooked beforehand in a little oil), the glass of blood, two egg yolks, a coffee-spoon of ginger and the crème fraîche, and pour into the cooking dish. Serve immediately.

This dish goes well with wild mushrooms or chestnuts.

http://weebls-stuff.com/toons/badgers/

You forgot the Shovel. You need a shovel to scrape up the roadkill.

Nothing quite tastes like roadkill stew, Yum!
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

There's an old chappie in our village who eats road kill - you'll often see him with a 'slightly damaged' pheasant or rabbit.

One of the funniest things I have ever seen, however, is him perambulating merrily down the road with a dead muntjac draped over the handlebars of his bike... Classic.
      The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

I knew one guy who saw a deer get killed by the car in front. So he pulled over, put the deer in the back of his car, took it home, buchered it, and lived off venison for three months.

Legally, you're not allowed to take road kill that you killed. But someone else's is fair game. (pardon the pun).
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I hit a deer last year. When I returned about 45 minutes later it was gone. I suspect someone had taken it home to shag it, I quite fancied it myself.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
            You forgot the Shovel. You need a shovel to scarpe up the roadkill.

Nothing quite tastes like roadkill stew, Yum!
            Peasant!

Casserole!!!

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              II suspect someone had taken it home to shag it, I quite fancied it myself.
              Oh deer.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post

To cook one badger you'll need:

1 badger
                0. Four wheel drive, cattle bars and a lasso. You can get bigger road kill this way.

Comment

Once you start down that road it's only a matter of time before you're picking up splattered pizzas and kebabs off the pavement from the night before.

I suppose it's marginally better to salvage some roadkill you witnessed being slaughtered rather than stumbling upon something that may have been lying there gathering flies for days.
                  Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                  Feist - I Feel It All
                  Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
                    Once you start down that road it's only a matter of time before you're picking up splattered pizzas and kebabs off the pavement from the night before.

I suppose it's marginally better to salvage some roadkill you witnessed being slaughtered rather than stumbling upon something that may have been lying there gathering flies for days.
                    Yes, and I like the word 'witnessed'. Far preferable to 'chased around a field with a 4x4'.

Comment

Working...
                    X