• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boomed!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7206125.stm

Stocks across Europe and Asia have rebounded, following strong gains for US stocks on Wednesday.
    By 0820 GMT, London's FTSE 100 index was up 3.1%, in Paris the Cac 40 rose 4.5% and Frankfurt's Dax was up 3.1%.

In Asia, Japan's benchmark Nikkei index closed 2.1% higher, while key share indexes climbed by more than 2% in Mumbai, Hong Kong and Sydney.

The rebound came on hopes of a rescue plan for US bond insurers that could prevent a new wave of asset writedowns.

The hopes had led US share prices to close higher on Wednesday, reversing falls seen earlier in the day.

All back to normal now. BTL, house prices rising, unemployment falling, horray!

Woohoo! All sorted then. Now I can go back to picking that new, expensive motor.

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Maybe I should upgrade from the Focus I have on order to a beamer!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        The rebound came on hopes of a rescue plan for US bond insurers that could prevent a new wave of asset writedowns.
        They tried this a month or two back and it involves the banks who are in the tulip putting up $5-10 billion each to bail out the Co's who are so called insuring all the bad debt created by them in the first place. Uber doomed, get buying those tins of beans asap.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
          Maybe I should upgrade from the Focus I have on order to a beamer!
          beemer

You're going to be a permie soon, you should invest in a sensible pair of shoes instead.
          ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

The hopes had led US share prices to close higher on Wednesday, reversing falls seen earlier in the day.

The Worldy Hope - that men set their hearts upon
            Turns to Ashes - or it prospers
            And soon - like snow upon the Desert's Face
            Lighting a little hour or two - and is gone

Come then -with Old Pruffock then and leave the Wise
            To talk - one thing is certain - that Life Flies
            One thing is certain - the Rest is Lies
            The Flower that once has bloomed - forever Dies

Comment

Working...
            X