• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Retraction of offer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retraction of offer

Just wanted a little advice

I have an offer on the table from an agent - just can through this morning. They are saying that if I don't give an answer by lunch they will retract the offer.

Is this possible (or legal)???

Originally posted by confusedkiwi View Post

I have an offer on the table from an agent - just can through this morning. They are saying that if I don't give an answer by lunch they will retract the offer.

Yes, and yes.
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

I bet they are bluffing.

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
        Yes, and yes.
        wot e said

I think you should call their bluff though... it's probaly the agent playing silly buggers. Do not respond in anyway, turn your phone off and see who's bluffing
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Don't deal with those kind of agencies. That attitude I take to mean they tend to stiff the contractors for payment when they eventually go bust.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
            Don't deal with those kind of agencies. That attitude I take to mean they tend to stiff the contractors for payment when they eventually go bust.
            I concur!!

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

The agency's attitude really stinks, but why are you stalling anyway? You haven't said... A better offer is perhaps round the corner?
              It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
                A better offer is perhaps round the corner?
                That was almost Yodaesque

Comment

Although the correct Yoda text would be "Around the corner, perhaps a better offer is, hmm? Herh herh herh."

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                    Although the correct Yoda text would be "Around the corner, perhaps a better offer is, hmm? Herh herh herh."
                    Shut up the **** you must! (sorry mods couldnt resist).

Oh yes. To the OP. Walk away. No ifs no buts walk away. This agent is an arse and you should not deal with them.
                    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Working...
                    X