• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Indian IT suppliers to double their UK slice of the pie

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indian IT suppliers to double their UK slice of the pie

http://services.silicon.com/itoutsou...9169776,00.htm

India's five largest IT services suppliers will double their market share in the UK by 2011.

India's top five services companies - HCL, Infosys, Satyam, TCS and Wipro - are on course to grow their share of the UK software and IT services market from just under three per cent to seven per cent over the next three years, according to consulting group Pierre Audoin Consultants (PAC).

Perhaps Gordon Brown (the UK tax payer) won't have to send millions in aid to India in this case.

contracting pie is getting smaller everyday

Comment

This means plenty of more work permits under the transfer category being issued. Get ready for even more "fake" job adverts.
      McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
      Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        India's five largest IT services suppliers will double their market share in the UK by 2011.
        It must be true as this prediction was made by that well known outfit Pierre Audoin Consultants (PAC). Gartner have a less then 1% success rate with their predictions so I guess they may improve on that.

Comment

Well, I'm getting on a bit. I think I may just retire. My wife has a open PA job in her legal practise at 11K pa. that should do me just fine.
          McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
          Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Don't get me started on the crepe we get from Wipro.

gonna cost us dear to mop up their mess....... both financially, and emotionally!

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
              This means plenty of more work permits under the transfer category being issued. Get ready for even more "fake" job adverts.
              And more fake stories about skills shortages.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
                Don't get me started on the crepe we get from Wipro.

gonna cost us dear to mop up their mess....... both financially, and emotionally!

Maybe there are agencies out there offering to rectify all the tizwas after the indians have scalped the place, supplying bonafide top-notch contractors. On second thoughts, maybe not, none have contracted me yet.
                Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                Feist - I Feel It All
                Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                  And more fake stories about skills shortages.
                  There is a skills shortage. Just like the job centre is full of jobs. It only takes a few more years of outsourcing to Asia and importing cheap IT labour for IT to sink below the chav poverty line, where it'll be more appealing for us to claim benefits than sit in an office run by cretins, doing 40 hours a week after a two hour commute, for barely more than the minimum wage.

Shame I look a right coont in a shell-suite or I'd be laughing instead of crying.
                  Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                  Feist - I Feel It All
                  Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
                  X