• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Permie day at the races

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Permie day at the races

All the permies here have b*ggerd of to a company day at the gigis. It's like a ghost town here, only contractors and one or two permies in. Sweet

I wouldn't have gone even I was a permie - can't imagine anything more boring...
    Do what thou wilt

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
    All the permies here have b*ggerd of to a company day at the gigis. It's like a ghost town here, only contractors and one or two permies in. Sweet

I wouldn't have gone even I was a permie - can't imagine anything more boring...
    off

if

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post

Gee Gees....

and the races is a great day out, you boring old fart.
      Blood in your poo

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post

Gee Gees....

Each to their own pal - personally I can't think of anything more dull than standing around with a bunch of racing bores watching a load of horses...

Me - I'm more your dangerous sports type...

You lot must be bored if the best you can do is play spelling police
        Do what thou wilt

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post

Gee Gees....

Personally I think going to the races to look at the horses is a waste of a brilliant day (I wouldn't go if the weather was lousy). Mind you, I'm not much of a gambler so it wouldn't be at all interesting. I would much rather be on the deck of a yacht, getting a tan whilst sipping a decent drink and having fun with my fiancee.
          It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Have you ever been?

Dress up, get drunk, eat nice food, ogle the ladies, flash the cash and watch a 60 second race every 30 minutes.

I love it.

Of course I'm talking about a nice summers day at Ascot or Newbury not a dreary night at the 'all weather' in Wolverhampton.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Newmarket (members enclosure, natch) is a superb day out.

I like nothing more than quaffing champagne and splashing some cash on a fine filly with firm thighs...
              Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                Have you ever been?

Dress up, get drunk, eat nice food, ogle the ladies, flash the cash and watch a 60 second race every 30 minutes.
                Did go on a company do to the greyhound racing. No dressing up, and carp food. But the rest was similar. Won enough on the tote to pay my bar bill.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  Did go on a company do to the greyhound racing. No dressing up, and carp food. But the rest was similar. Won enough on the tote to pay my bar bill.
                  You can hardly compare the dogs with a day out at Cheltenham or Ascot, it’s like comparing fish & chips to a meal at the Ivy. (not that I've been of course)
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

All the permies here have b*ggerd of to a company day at the gigis
                    What, outside the flat season? It'll be the Coral Bingo or the arcade machines in the precinct next. You need a better class of client.

Comment

Working...
                    X